Hot flushes

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
JudiB

Hot flushes

Postby JudiB » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:24 am

Has anyone else experienced hot flushes and night sweats during and post chemo?
I had my last session of 5fu and leucovorin at the beginning of August and overall I feel quite well with little fatigue. Just neuropathy in my feet and more hot sweats where perspiration runs down my face and neck. It's quite embarrassing and hasn't been an issue since I went through the menopause, following breast cancer treatment, many years ago!
Is this a common side effect of the chemo and if so, how long might it continue?

For everyone currently doing Folfox or 5fu, my thoughts are with you, hoping your good days are great days.... And life feels so good when it's finished abd every day is z good day!!
Love and hugs xxxxx
May 2004 Breast cancer lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy, Tamoxifen 5 years, then Femara 2 years.

Jan 2017 resection around colo-rectal junction
T2bN1 M0
March 2017 Chemo Folfox started. Oxaliplatin for 4 treatments, then just 5 FU and Leucovorin for remaining 8 treatments.
June 2017 clear scan
Last chemo August 2017
August 2017 clear scan
February 2018 clear scan

Brearmstrong

Re: Hot flushes

Postby Brearmstrong » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:54 am

I am currently in session #11 of folfox. It has pushed me into menopause the last three months (45 years old) but I get terrible hot flashes. The steroids also can cause this which might be what is happening with you. My face and neck turn beet red during pump days.

Brenda
50 F diag 1/17
Muc Adeno 4cm
mod diff G2 T4aN2
nodes 8/50
CEA 4.6 after surgery <.05
KRAS G12D MSS
FOLFOX Apr-sep 17
Nov 17 PET p aortic nodes Stage IV
Folfori w/avastin
May 18 surgery on nodes xeloda 2yr
Aug 18-May 20 NED
July 20 hysterectomy
July 21 vats right lung
Clinical trial- failed liver Mets biopsy shows now poorly differentiated carcinoma.
HAI pump at MSK may 2022
Nov met to pancreas- causing pain
Radiation ablation to pancreas Dec 22
New lung Mets watch and wait

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”