Thoughts on BBI-608 and FOLFIRI trial?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
ACPdiddy
Facebook Username: Albert Pierce

Thoughts on BBI-608 and FOLFIRI trial?

Postby ACPdiddy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:46 pm

I've been very interested in this trial as an option: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02024607

I've been told that the BBI-608 & FOLFIRI combination is the only arm of the trial still open. I'm not thrilled about that, as FOLFIRI dropped my white blood cell count but didn't work for me AT ALL.
But the results they've published on this combination look really good to me, even for patients who have already failed FOLFIRI.

http://www.bostonbiomedical.com/wp-cont ... CO2016.pdf

Most trials seem to offer a very low chance of a good results. This trial seems to have a really high rate of at least stable disease. And right now, I would be happy to have some months of stable disease.

But I would have to travel from Boston to Atlanta or Nashville to participate. That's doable for me. But then my oncologist at MGH was very discouraging about that trial. He's more interested in the immunotherapy trials in Boston. The doctors in Atlanta/Nashville won't talk to me about the trial unless I go in person.

Has anyone here been on this combination? If I just want to buy myself some time while the immunotherapy field gets worked out, is this not a good option?

KElizabeth
Facebook Username: KElizabeth

Re: Thoughts on BBI-608 and FOLFIRI trial?

Postby KElizabeth » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:07 pm

I believe BBI_608 in conjunction with Xeloda or Erbitux is ongoing. I have a feeler out at the Denver location.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT ... in&rank=12

The trial with BBI_608 and folfiri is difficult to get into. The trial coordinator I talked to said they are having trouble finding candidates who meet all the eligibility requirements. I was heartbroken as I really wanted to do this trial.
Folfiri is something similar know I can handle, so it made sense for me.
Female age 39- ,2 teens.
Colon Cancer - DX March 2013
Age 34 at DX - Stage III B
Resection surgery -May 2013
FOLFOX - June, 2013 to Sept, 2013
5FU plus leukavorin Sept, 2013 to Dec, 2013
METs liver and lungs discovered Sept, 2015
KRAS - MSS
FOLFIRI plus Avastin - Sept, 2015 - July 2017
Durvalumab and Cediranib Sept 2017 Dec 17
FOLFOX with desensitization protocol - current

ACPdiddy
Facebook Username: Albert Pierce

Postby ACPdiddy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm

Interesting. The coordinator in Atlanta said FOLFIRI was the only one that was open, but that there would be no problem getting into it (at least as far as demand for the slot was concerned).
Her email and phone number is on the clinicaltrials.gov page for that trial, if Atlanta makes sense for you.

bug2008
Facebook Username: bug 2008

Postby bug2008 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:35 pm

My mother has recently been accepted into this trial at Emory in Atlanta with BBI608, Folfiri, Avastin. It wasn't hard to get into with just a couple of appointments. There is a list of criteria that is followed. I think they said if you had started Folfiri prior then you would not qualify. So, if you call just ask about that. I will be happy to post her experience and results if it will help someone. Everyone should remember that if this trial does not work for you then keep looking for another. Immunotherapy is another one. I met a lady at Emory that has had a 47% tumor regression in that trial. Never give up !!!

bug2008
Facebook Username: bug 2008

Postby bug2008 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Also, you can google and see that there was a lady at Emory Winship Cancer Center in Atlanta on thon the BBI608 trial with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer whom is now cancer free as of Feb.2017. She and her husband got married and there is a full report on this story online. It is basically a miracle and offers so many hope regardless of what kind of cancer one may have.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”