CM35 wrote:I was on keytruda back in September. If it were me, I would take the dose being provided by the manufacturer. In the meantime, could your onc continue working with your insurance to try getting it approved for off-label use? Then perhaps dosing would be more under the prescription of your doctor. My onc was able to get this approved for me off-label. I received the 200 mg flat dosing. I was only on this drug a short time, and to me there was no comparison to chemo. They could have been infusing me with saline for all I could tell.
Best wishes, whatever your decision!
Thanks for your input CM35.
I have thickening of the colon wall, and mets to the peritoneum. My peritoneum lining increased from 4mm to 7mm in the 3 months I was on folfox. The drs I've seen say no surgery that it's not worth it. Apparently my tumors are a good match for the keytruda so I'm thinking this is my last hope.
My abdomen is growing and is currently at 47 inches. I wasn't flat before the cancer, but I look 9 months pregnant and I'm very uncomfortable sitting, laying, walking, etc. It's pushing up on my lungs so it's hard to breathe at times.
I hope my dr will agree to give me the keytruda because I don't want to waste anymore time on chemo that doesn't work.