If you want prayer stop in here!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Wilmanace

Re: If you want prayer stop in here!

Postby Wilmanace » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:04 pm

I had my first colonoscopy on Friday. I'm 49 years old and I'll admit that I thought that I was too young for colon polyps or cancer. No one ever told me that someone under 50 should get screened for colon cancer. Though, we have not received the results of my biopsy yet, I'm almost certain that the 5cm mass is going to come back cancer. My older sister just had a resection surgery 2 months ago because she had a cancer tumor found during a routine colonoscopy. I'm fearing the worse. And the worse is not colon surgery, or chemo, I'm scared of the cancer being found somewhere else. I'm scared for my husband, who is not handling the news very well. Please pray that they do not find cancer anywhere else in my body and pray for strength for me and my husband to weather this storm together. CT scan is scheduled for Thursday.

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:56 am

Wilmanace wrote:I had my first colonoscopy on Friday. I'm 49 years old and I'll admit that I thought that I was too young for colon polyps or cancer. No one ever told me that someone under 50 should get screened for colon cancer. Though, we have not received the results of my biopsy yet, I'm almost certain that the 5cm mass is going to come back cancer. My older sister just had a resection surgery 2 months ago because she had a cancer tumor found during a routine colonoscopy. I'm fearing the worse. And the worse is not colon surgery, or chemo, I'm scared of the cancer being found somewhere else. I'm scared for my husband, who is not handling the news very well. Please pray that they do not find cancer anywhere else in my body and pray for strength for me and my husband to weather this storm together. CT scan is scheduled for Thursday.

Hi Wilmanace - I notice that this your first post to the Forum.Image Welcome, but I'm so sorry that your visit here has to be under such fearful circumstances.

We will pray for you now -- first of all that your Thursday CT-scan will turn out OK, then that you and your husband will be given the strength necessary to weather this storm together (Philippians 4:13). Take care, and God Bless.

lauragb

Postby lauragb » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I remember first seeing this thread when Terry was still alive and appreciated it so much. I mostly lurk on the forum these days, sending out love, light and prayers to many. I am finding myself in need of prayers these days. I have not wanted to post my situation on any other thread. Yesterday I had a bone marrow biopsy because my blood cell counts have not rebounded from treatment. We have been watching them for a while but my oncologist decided that we finally needed to test the bone marrow because of the pelvic radiation. I finished chemoradiation two years ago September and adjuvant chemo in May 2012. I actually feel really well right now and am trying to keep worry at bay when I don't have any answers yet. But still, it's hard not to worry and to keep this to myself. I just don't want to worry family and friends by telling about the BMB. So I thought I'd reach out here and ask for help to get through the next few days. My husband does know and is by my side as he has been through all that's happened these last two and half years. Thanks and love, light and prayers to all.
RC 3B 7/2011 @ 53
Chemoradiation 5 weeks 8/11
LAR-Hysterect-temp ileo
pCR, 0/23 nodes
Folfox 1/12, Xeloda 2/12 to 5/12
Reversal 5/12
SBO,lysis of adhesions 12/12
NED 11/12, 11/13, 6/16

Mfauss

Postby Mfauss » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 pm

I could use a few prayers tomorrow. At my last scan, the CT scan showed what everyone assumes to be a cyst on my ovary. The doctor didn't seemed overly concerned with it, thinking it is most likely a "functional" cyst for a woman my age, which she anticipates will go away on it's own. However, given my history, she has ordered a follow up ultrasound tomorrow just to be sure. I know this seems trivial in comparison to some of the other prayer needs posted here- but worry and anxiety is in my nature, and I am just really hoping this test comes back clear, as my husband and I are finally able to start trying to build our family! Thanks in advance for your love and support.

Also- this is not a prayer request, but something I that stuck out to me as I was reading my devotional and I thought this was a fitting place to share it. I always have a hard time with my scars from surgery, people always claim you should be proud of your "battle wounds", not so with me. So maybe this will bring some comfort to anyone else on this board that has experienced their share of surgeries.

"On my own body are scars that prove I belong to Christ Jesus"
Galatians 6:17

Surely our scars can be concerned proof that we belong to Christ Jesus, he saved us.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Your concerns are not trivial and I'll be saying a prayer that it's a "functional" cyst and not something more dire.
I also agree with your ideas about our scars. It's encouraging to me sometimes and, frankly, discouraging to me at others no one really sees them but me most of the time.

God bless~
Guinevere
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

Mfauss

Postby Mfauss » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:06 am

Just wanted to stop in and let you all know your prayers payed off..the tests came back clear! :) Praise God, and thank you for all your thoughts. God bless.

O Stoma Mia

Re: Prayer request from Cj51

Postby O Stoma Mia » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Cj51 wrote:Since my reversal, it's been slow going in getting 'things' under control. I've not been able to get a job (I had planned to go back to work when my oldest started college) and I plan carefully and use my drugs when I go out. Things are getting slowly better, very slowly, and I'm seeing some improvement. Sometimes, things are OK for a few days in a row, as long as I eat carefully at the right time and take all the right supplements and click my heels together and the planets are aligned just right. :roll: So this fall I got brave and volunteered to teach a class at our church. 2 hours a week, and it's gone pretty well. I've enjoyed it, and now they've asked me to help out at a day long retreat tomorrow and in a fit of confidence, I accepted. It's going to be 13 hours. I was feeling Ok about it until, out of the blue, things went blooey yesterday--I almost had a major problem at the grocery store. It shook my confidence and now I'm worried about being OK to do this tomorrow. I plan to eat very early and take Lomotil every 6 hours--it works pretty well for me, usually. I was looking forward to trying this out as sort of a test as to whether I might be getting close to being able to get a job again, but now nervous and worried. I'm going to be working with teenagers all day, it's not like I can explain a sudden urge to use the bathroom!

I realize this isn't as pressing as a scan, but can I ask for prayers, strong thoughts, whatever? Thanks for reading--who else could understand this!?

Cj

Praying now...Image

O Stoma Mia

Re: Prayer request from Val*pal

Postby O Stoma Mia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:10 am

Val*pal wrote:Prayers and Possible Insight Requested for DH
We had to take my DH to the ER at the U of M Health Center yesterday. He's been having ongoing diarrhea, was dehydrated, and wasn't able to eat or drink. They admitted him, and today he is NPO as they attempt to find out what is causing the diarrhea. His abdomen is grossly distended. The nurse just mentioned that he has ascites. So far they have ruled out a blockage, but are still running tests, etc. Yesterday, when we took him to the ER, he was starting to become a bit confused. That was scary. However, once he started the fluid IV he improved. He had a CT scan yesterday, X-rays, and blood work. Today there were more X-rays.

Last week we found out his most recent chemo was a fail (Folfiri and Erbitux), but his onc immediately switched him to Folfox (I think) and Avastin. The cancer has spread to many more lymph nodes and to the stomach.

I know I'm currently surrounded by medical personnel as I sit him here at the U of M Hospital, but of course no one can tell me anything. I missed seeing the doctors.

Has anyone had any similar problems? I know things are getting worse, and I just want to see if anyone can comment.

Praying now for you and your DH...

trbiggins
Facebook Username: Richard Biggins

Postby trbiggins » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Just wanted everyone to know that I try to pray for everyone on this forum as much as possible (as a group :) ). I am a firm believer that prayer can change things. God changed my life through the prayers of many people. While I am certainly not happy that I have cancer, I believe this experience has brought me closer to Him. I have a peace about my sickness that is unexplainable. I have slept soundly every night since my diagnosis. I can see the peace my family has. That credit belongs to God. If you would like specific prayer, please feel free to inbox me. If you pray, please mention me when you go before the Father. I believe praying for others brings strength to oneself. If anyone who reads this would like to know more about God, I would be happy to talk with you privately or openly; either way I want to spread the good news. I know everyone is not healed from cancer. I may be one who is not. But a lot of people are. Through medicine, through doctors, through surgery, and by miracle. I am in no place to tell God what to do, but His word does tell us to let Him know our desires.That's why I will continue to pray for myself and others while I can. I am in His hands. There's no other place I would rather be. For those reading this who don't believe, I can understand where you are coming from. Cancer sucks! I am not your judge. I am, however, called to love everyone. That's just what I am trying to do. I pray that you find peace and healing. Please don't think I am pretending to believe I am better than anyone. I am probably one of the worst people I know. I don't deserve anything, but God chooses to bless me anyway. It blows my mind.

RIchard
42 male at DX
Husband, father (girls 13 and 16)
Stage IV mets to liver Oct 2013
Xelox Dec 13-Apr 14
Avastin, Xeloda Apr-July 2014
Vectibix July
Vectibix/Irinotecan Dec 2014
Colon resect/ HAI pump Jan 2015
Folfiri/Vectibix/FUDR ongoing

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:01 am

To Befriend the Places of Pain

When different places within us are in pain, we should extend the care of deep friendship towards them.
We should not leave them isolated under siege in pain. A friend of mine whent to hospital to have a
hysterectomy. A priest friend came to visit her on the evening before her operation. She was anxious
and vulnerable. He sat down and they began to talk. He suggested to her that she have a conversation
with her womb. To talk to her womb as a friend. She could thank her womb for making her a mother.
To thank it for all her different children who had begun there. The body, mind and spirit of each
child had been tenderly formed in that kind darkness.

She did this ritual of intimate leave-taking with tenderness and warmth of heart. The power was
not with the doctors or the hospital, or the disease. The experience did not have the
clinical, short-circuit edge of so much mechanical and anonymous hospital efficiency.

When a part of your body is ill, it must be a lonely experience for it. If we integrate its
experience and embrace it in the circle of recognition and care, it alters the presence
of the illness and pain. Externally, we should endeavour to remain alert to others and
their distress at our condition. How often do we see how sick people comfort their comforters?

The dark visitation of illness needs to be carefully encountered.

John O'Donohue [1956-2008], Eternal Echoes, p249-250

May you know tender shelter and healing
blessing when you are called to stand
in the place of pain.
May the places of darkness within you be
surprised by light.
May you be granted the wisdom to avoid
false resistance and when suffering
knocks on the door of your life, may
you be able to glimpse its hidden git.
May you know that even though the storm
might rage not a hair on your chinny chin chin
will be harmed.

Namaste
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

jillbugs4110

Postby jillbugs4110 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:58 am

I want prayers!! I talked GOD with me to every scary appt surgery test I don't know what I would do without GOD in my life.
Live One Day At A Time
I Abandon myself to God
46 6 yo.....9yo...
stage 1V liver mets :-(
my one prayer to got to sustain me to raise my two babies this is my only wish then take me out if needed.

KWT

Postby KWT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Oops, I'm in the wrong place.

trbiggins
Facebook Username: Richard Biggins

Postby trbiggins » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Kenny,

We don't see eye to eye on the God, but you do keep me laughing. You know, fewer and fewer people today are believers. Even in the Bible belt where I live most people don't go to church. Come on over to the Dark Side.

Richard
42 male at DX
Husband, father (girls 13 and 16)
Stage IV mets to liver Oct 2013
Xelox Dec 13-Apr 14
Avastin, Xeloda Apr-July 2014
Vectibix July
Vectibix/Irinotecan Dec 2014
Colon resect/ HAI pump Jan 2015
Folfiri/Vectibix/FUDR ongoing

KWT

Postby KWT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:30 pm

trbiggins wrote:Kenny,

We don't see eye to eye on the God, but you do keep me laughing. You know, fewer and fewer people today are believers. Even in the Bible belt where I live most people don't go to church. Come on over to the Dark Side.

Richard

I'm on the dark side brother lol. If you get a laugh off of me now and again that makes me happy, it truly is the best medicine(as long as you're not drinking soda at the time)

Crystald

Postby Crystald » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:17 pm

I believe in the power of prayer. I pray daily for everyone.
Age 58
DX Jul 2014 Stage IVb CRC metastatic, unknown primary, CEA 1826
Inoperable, Chemo for life
KRASwt
MSI: not tested
29 Jul 14 Port
30 Jul - 19 Jan 2015 Folfox (12 cycles) CEA 164.5
9 Feb 15 - 20 May Flofiri failed (6 cycles) CEA 417.0
17 Jul 15 - Initiated Vectibix CEA 555.5
17 Jul 2015 - 14 Jan 2016 Vectibix
8 Feb 2016 - 11 Apr 2016 Xeloda
26 Apr 2016 Hospice