Totally O/T -- My Music Listening Habits

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
BrownBagger

Re: Totally O/T -- My Music Listening Habits

Postby BrownBagger » Sun May 10, 2015 2:16 pm

MP3 is the digital format used to store and play music with a smart phone, iPad, computer, etc. Note quite the quality you get with a CD, but pretty decent and very portable. If you have a device like that (say, an iPhone) with music on it, Michael, you can plug it into the Aux jack in your Ranger and the music will play through your truck's sound system.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

justin case

Postby justin case » Sun May 10, 2015 2:22 pm

I've looked for a place to plug in a device in my old Ranger, it only has 65,000 miles, but do not see an auxiliary input. Knowing your knowledge of the Ranger, I will search a little harder BB.
Thanks,
Michael
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

jjlist

Postby jjlist » Sun May 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Eric,
Havent studied Dolphy yet. I should probably have by now, I gave him a quick listen. Wow. I don't understand what he's doing. Gonna take some listening analyzing time.
age 56
11/16/09 DIAG low rectal tumor ST II T3N0M0
12/21/09 chemopump radiation
3/18/10 suregry colo-anal anastomosis, no nodes,.
4/29/10 Abcess infection
6/3/10 started 12 folfox sessions completed 10.
1/11/11 ileostomy takedown

justin case

Postby justin case » Sun May 10, 2015 3:05 pm

justin case wrote:I've looked for a place to plug in a device in my old Ranger, it only has 65,000 miles, but do not see an auxiliary input. Knowing your knowledge of the Ranger, I will search a little harder BB.
Thanks,
Michael

As I suspected, no input. I thought an MP-3 was a smaller disc. As I'm not known to import music that does not give the artist monetary gains, I have not recorded, downloaded any music. I do occasionally go to You Tube and listen. Buying satellite music is a little pricey, butt perhaps properly paying for the talent of others, may perpetuate them to keep on innovating for everyone's enjoyment.
Michael
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun May 10, 2015 3:59 pm

if the vehicle has a CD player, most (now) will also play CDs burned with MP3 music files as opposed to regular audio file formats like the old original CD's digital audio format, or computer audio file formats ( WAV or AIFF )

SO a vehicle may still play MP3 encoded discs in the CD player but not have a separate input for direct access plugging in your digital device
( like iPod etc. )?????

Or consult the owner's manual :shock: you know that thing the salesman loves to trot out and explain to you when you are buying the rig, but you usually end up tossing it in the storage compartment or trunk ... you know that book :mrgreen:

or search YouTube for info on how to connect a digidevice to your Ranger .... somebody has probably made one !

Cheers bro'
CR

justin case

Postby justin case » Sun May 10, 2015 4:12 pm

CRguy wrote:if the vehicle has a CD player, most (now) will also play CDs burned with MP3 music files as opposed to regular audio file formats like the old original CD's digital audio format, or computer audio file formats ( WAV or AIFF )

SO a vehicle may still play MP3 encoded discs in the CD player but not have a separate input for direct access plugging in your digital device
( like iPod etc. )?????

Or consult the owner's manual :shock: you know that thing the salesman loves to trot out and explain to you when you are buying the rig, but you usually end up tossing it in the storage compartment or trunk ... you know that book :mrgreen:

or search YouTube for info on how to connect a digidevice to your Ranger .... somebody has probably made one !

Cheers bro'
CR

I recently bought a XM device for my home, and am thinking of having a truck kit installed. The overall XM device includes royalties for the artists. Perhaps, after installation, access to digital format via my phone , may be accessible.
Thanks,
CR
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”