WEED.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
justin case

Re: WEED.

Postby justin case » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Who needs weed when we have you around to keep us smiling. :mrgreen:
cheers, peanut[/quote]

I'll have you know that when one travels to Boulder , Colorado, there is a beautiful stream that travels down the mountain. As you probably surmised, I too, pissed in the stream above Golden. I probably have contributed to the flavor of Coors beer! :wink:
Michael
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

JDinNC

Postby JDinNC » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Has anyone ever bought seeds online? I would risk growing my own..butt the pot nowadays never has seeds. Not like the old days where you would have mostly all seeds and stems and very little weed. And that was 35 years ago, when I had stopped smoking.

I live in North Carolina...where a law was trying to get on the docket for medical use by way of a doctor. Butt I don't see that happening any time soon.
I also live two miles from Georgia..where they were really pushing the MJ law as a medical treatment for autistic and seizure children. Butt that got shot down
I also live two miles from Tennessee...where I think they are trying there also.
Butt you are talking about states where illegal moonshine, meth, and ginseng is a continual battle of the state so there no way they are going to allow MJ.
61 y/o female @ DX...........
T3N0M1
6/13 DX- stage 4
Sigmoid colon cancer.
One met to lung
7/13 colon resection
8/13 lung resection
7/17 four years....NED
8/18 five years....NED
MELANOMA
63 y/o @ DX
6/15 stage 2a
7/15 surgery on arm
7/15 NED
4/16 recurrance
5/16 remove metastasis from back
5/16. Started immunotherapy
8/16 discontinue treatment
7/18...PET scan...NED

KWT

Postby KWT » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:22 pm

raym wrote:Wish I lived in a state that dispenses or allows sales. The illegal stuff is expensive!

Ray how much for a quarter?

raym

Postby raym » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:21 pm

kennyt-wisted wrote:
raym wrote:Wish I lived in a state that dispenses or allows sales. The illegal stuff is expensive!

Ray how much for a quarter?

$100
3/11 IIIC +/FOLFOX
4/12 HIPEC
6/12 Chmo/Rad
9/12 XELIRI+Avast/Zltra
9/13 Plvic Absc,stpd chemo
11/13 Tumr rmvd frm Lap Port incis
12/13 Xeloda
1/14 Cardiac Issue no Xeloda/5FU
3/14 Irinotecan
6/14 Stopped chemo
8/14 Clin Trial
9/14 Infectn - Stpd Trial

justin case

Postby justin case » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:50 pm

I was at Best Buy and got some needed office supplies. As you probably know, us old hippies miss being able to go to a record store on a rainy day. As Best Buy is getting out of the CD business, I thought I would browse a little. Right there on the front of the stack was one of my favorite bands, I originally saw in 1969. Who would of thought you could still get a Blind Faith CD, and of course I bought it for $6.99.. Gee, I wish I still smoked weed.
:( :( :(
Michael
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Blind Faith ! … buddy you got some solid talent rocking thru those tunes.
Cream did a few gigs here, as did Winwood himself….. can't recall Traffic ??? BUTT then those were the 60's after all ! :mrgreen:

Makes me want to go looking for an old Spirit disc sometime. They cruised the west coast route for a while and did some great shows at the PNE here.

raym

Postby raym » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:04 pm

CRguy wrote:Blind Faith ! … buddy you got some solid talent rocking thru those tunes.
Cream did a few gigs here, as did Winwood himself….. can't recall Traffic ??? BUTT then those were the 60's after all ! :mrgreen:

Makes me want to go looking for an old Spirit disc sometime. They cruised the west coast route for a while and did some great shows at the PNE here.

A more recent performance by Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton, Dear Mr Fantasy (Traffic). One of my favorite songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTaPTv0eQY
3/11 IIIC +/FOLFOX
4/12 HIPEC
6/12 Chmo/Rad
9/12 XELIRI+Avast/Zltra
9/13 Plvic Absc,stpd chemo
11/13 Tumr rmvd frm Lap Port incis
12/13 Xeloda
1/14 Cardiac Issue no Xeloda/5FU
3/14 Irinotecan
6/14 Stopped chemo
8/14 Clin Trial
9/14 Infectn - Stpd Trial

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Oh yeah
that IS a great one Ray

don't tell Michael
WE… I …. might be getting' old here

BUTT they don't make'm like that anymore I am afraid.

Cheers bro'
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

justin case

Postby justin case » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:13 pm

CRguy wrote:Oh yeah
that IS a great one Ray

don't tell Michael
WE… I …. might be getting' old here

BUTT they don't make'm like that anymore I am afraid.

Cheers bro'

Although I'm not old enough to remember the Yardbirds, It remains to be seen, at least to me, how Music today, could'nt have been more influenced. I still don't have a clue who Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, or Eric Clapton is :roll: Let us not go any further back, as I do know of Muddy Waters Yada Yada Yada, and Chuck Berry.
But I still Can't find my way home :roll:
Michael
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

justin case

Postby justin case » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Damn Blind Faith, :roll:
Do right,
that's what I said,
Everybody must be fed,
Get together,
That's what I said,
get together every night,
Do what feels right !
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Don.in.Dallas

Postby Don.in.Dallas » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:27 pm

After reading about MMJ and MJ oil I decided to see if it could quell my incessant nausea and allow me to eat. I envy those who live in more liberal environs. Here in the dark ages I had to cross the line to obtain MMJ and see for myself if there is benefit. I struggled with how to obtain MMJ in my current world. Fortunately, one of my employees, a long-time trusted member of my IT department, noticed my portable pump (and probably my irritability) and discreetly inquired if I had tried medical marijuana. I confirmed interest. She indicated that some of her acquaintances were connected and could probably obtain a quality supply at reasonable cost. I gave my employee some cash and a few days later she brought me a gift bag.

Things have sure changed - I received a vacuum sealed package with a beautiful spray of buds. No kitchen sandwich bag, no leafy matter, no seeds. I was clearly doing it wrong back in the day. The name of the strain is written on the sealed wrapper. My employee was thorough in providing a pipe, lighter and stash box. And, as might have been expected, she was waiting at my office door the next day to hear how it went. Fortunately I was able to describe the positive effects of MJ in my usual crisp and professional manner. She recognizes that she is the Dallas Buyer’s Club for me – providing a beneficial solution that falls outside accepted norms in the area.

I am going on an international trip in three weeks and dare not carry MMJ with me. At the same time, I ran out of MMJ once and had to deal with all the ugliness again. If anybody has a brilliant idea, please share. Note that I am passing through Argentina and really don't want to end up in prison there.
Male 56 at DX 05/14
05/14 Resection, 3.2cm sigmoid CRC Stage IIIb, 2/17 nodes, T3N1M0
06/14 PET scan clear, portacath install
06/14 Begin FOLFOX6 12x, End 01/15
09/20 Still NED!
----
Previous: Laryngeal cancer
33 x rad
NED since 12/09

pollo65
Facebook Username: pollo2

Postby pollo65 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:48 pm

I have had my vaporizer for a year and omg it is such a help, I grew two plants this year that I am saving to make Rick Simpson oil with the buds. I might try that instead of chemo if I need chemo again. Weighing options at this time.
pollo 65
CC 1/6/09
r. hemi-colectomy 1/7/09
32Ln biopsied, 28 positive
met to aorta
chemo 12 rounds
done 9/09 3 scans clear
1/11 1 met to aorta
micro cluster to peritoneum
4/11 / 9/11 scan clear
4/12 scan clear
10/12 scan clear
Iri+avastin
chemo break

justin case

Postby justin case » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Don.in.Dallas wrote:After reading about MMJ and MJ oil I decided to see if it could quell my incessant nausea and allow me to eat. I envy those who live in more liberal environs. Here in the dark ages I had to cross the line to obtain MMJ and see for myself if there is benefit. I struggled with how to obtain MMJ in my current world. Fortunately, one of my employees, a long-time trusted member of my IT department, noticed my portable pump (and probably my irritability) and discreetly inquired if I had tried medical marijuana. I confirmed interest. She indicated that some of her acquaintances were connected and could probably obtain a quality supply at reasonable cost. I gave my employee some cash and a few days later she brought me a gift bag.

Things have sure changed - I received a vacuum sealed package with a beautiful spray of buds. No kitchen sandwich bag, no leafy matter, no seeds. I was clearly doing it wrong back in the day. The name of the strain is written on the sealed wrapper. My employee was thorough in providing a pipe, lighter and stash box. And, as might have been expected, she was waiting at my office door the next day to hear how it went. Fortunately I was able to describe the positive effects of MJ in my usual crisp and professional manner. She recognizes that she is the Dallas Buyer’s Club for me – providing a beneficial solution that falls outside accepted norms in the area.

I am going on an international trip in three weeks and dare not carry MMJ with me. At the same time, I ran out of MMJ once and had to deal with all the ugliness again. If anybody has a brilliant idea, please share. Note that I am passing through Argentina and really don't want to end up in prison there.

I've seen some people get some exorbitant prison time for getting caught with weed in Texas. I think I would avoid problems in Argentina, and stick to beer. After all it does have barley and wheat to satisfy hunger pangs. Perhaps you could get some pain meds from your onc?
Have a good trip,
Michael
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
Last treatment July 2012

Cb75

Postby Cb75 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:52 pm

You can try to mail it. No return address with an anonymous name. I would do it cross country, but I'm not sure if I would internationally, but its an option. Or, you can source some when you are there.

cb
39y female Stage IV
diagnosed April 2012
sigmoid resect May 2012
liver resect Aug 2012
Folfox Oct 2012
lungs Sep 2013
R and L laser lung resection Nov 2013/Feb 2014
FOLFIRI and Avastin Apr 2014 ongoing...

KWT

Postby KWT » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Cb75 wrote:You can try to mail it. No return address with an anonymous name. I would do it cross country, but I'm not sure if I would internationally, but its an option. Or, you can source some when you are there.

cb

And make sure the mailman isn't driving a crown Victoria that day :shock:

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”