OT Grilling chicken

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Voxx66
Facebook Username: Michael Void Ward

Re: OT Grilling chicken

Postby Voxx66 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Hardwood lump charcoal. Never gas. And never lighter fluid. This is just the way it is.
DX and resect 10/2012 age 46
Stage IIa CRC
liver mets both lobes 8/2013
CEA 28
FOLFOX + Avastin 8/26/13 3 rounds
Folfox only 3 rds + rd 8
platelets low round 7,9,10 5FU only
1/14 CEA 1.0 y90
5fu
10/14 mets lung and peri
1/15 Folfiri

justin case

Postby justin case » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Voxx66 wrote:Hardwood lump charcoal. Never gas. And never lighter fluid. This is just the way it is.

Luv you man, I drink the real Bud, but just couldn't pass it up.
Michael
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:39 pm

justin case wrote:
sbrainbolt wrote:@ Michael and SugarBubbie - Howdy to you both! I am up here at Eldridge and I-10 and one of my daughters is in Greatwood right next door to Sugar Land. Born in Houston, 4th generation! I go to MD Anderson in the med center on a regular basis.

My fav grilled chicken is on natural gas, go to Hebert's specialty meats and get the chicken diablos. Half a jalapeno with a nice size chicken breast nugget inside all wrapped up with a half a piece of bacon, then seasoned with cajun seasoning. Cook on the grill for about 15 minutes with a flip in the middle. My entire family is a fan!

I generally lurk more than post, but this forum has been a God send on more than one occasion. My best to all.

Sweetheart, you'll be the queen of the grill if you lace a jalpeno with shrimp,( Just cut a hole in the middle of the pepper, or slice it and take out the veins) stuff it with shrimp and wrap that sucker with bacon. I'm a ways past Eldridge, west on Little York and Fry. I know , they should call it Cypress, but I have a danged ole Katy address :roll:
Regards,
Michael

Hey...wait a minute...do you mean a JALAPENO jalapeño? Like, fiery hot ones? Holy sh*t you Texas people must have iron walled guts. I simply can't even imagine eating one of those, even if it does have bacon wrapped around it! Never, ever, ever. Lettuce has almost become too spicy for me.
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

justin case

Postby justin case » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Bev G wrote:
justin case wrote:
sbrainbolt wrote:@ Michael and SugarBubbie - Howdy to you both! I am up here at Eldridge and I-10 and one of my daughters is in Greatwood right next door to Sugar Land. Born in Houston, 4th generation! I go to MD Anderson in the med center on a regular basis.

My fav grilled chicken is on natural gas, go to Hebert's specialty meats and get the chicken diablos. Half a jalapeno with a nice size chicken breast nugget inside all wrapped up with a half a piece of bacon, then seasoned with cajun seasoning. Cook on the grill for about 15 minutes with a flip in the middle. My entire family is a fan!

I generally lurk more than post, but this forum has been a God send on more than one occasion. My best to all.

Sweetheart, you'll be the queen of the grill if you lace a jalpeno with shrimp,( Just cut a hole in the middle of the pepper, or slice it and take out the veins) stuff it with shrimp and wrap that sucker with bacon. I'm a ways past Eldridge, west on Little York and Fry. I know , they should call it Cypress, but I have a danged ole Katy address :roll:
Regards,
Michael

Hey...wait a minute...do you mean a JALAPENO jalapeño? Like, fiery hot ones? Holy sh*t you Texas people must have iron walled guts. I simply can't even imagine eating one of those, even if it does have bacon wrapped around it! Never, ever, ever. Lettuce has almost become too spicy for me.

Sincerely my good friend, after seeing lettuce in my bag, I would much prefer something that actually digests, and I really enjoy the heat. Shirachi pepper sauce, garlic, seranos, horseradish, and a whole list of hot temptations. I guess it's just an after chemo type of thing. (or during :roll: )
Regards,
Michael
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:12 am

First of all, yes, I realize this thread is 4 years old but I do have reasons for resurrecting it after finding it last night.

1) Last night I did 3 beer can chickens on the BBQ, one for each of the guys. I am not into meat so much. Never really was and more so now. We have 3 beer can roosts, sometimes use only one, sometimes all of them. Also have them at the cottage. We love our beer can chicken.

Now for those of you who perhaps don't drink, or don't drink beer, you don't need beer cans to do this, just the roost(s) which should be easily available in the BBQ section of any hardware type store. If you don't have beer cans any can will do( that sounds like a Steve Martin line from "The Jerk"): cola cans, soup cans are great because it's much neater taking the top off. We add fresh grated garlic and assorted herbs and spices to the can plus the beer. Water works just as well, especially for any American light beer drinkers. :P Put chicken on roost, rub lightly with oil and then cover with rub spices of your choice. 20 min/lb roughly should do it.

2) I have insomnia many nights and though I am physically exhausted from work and daily life my brain won't shut down. One night in bed with the tablet I clicked on the "Jump to" button at the top right above the topic listings and randomly chose a number. I have found many fascinating threads this way, read many stories-some miraculously uplifting, some gut-wrenchingly sad, and found answers to questions that were in the back of my mind but didn't seem important enough to ask or search for here. There have been times when I have found a thread and wanted to reply to it but was hesitant, mainly because I suspect many of the contributors are no longer with us. So my question is - is it in keeping with board etiquette to bring one to the top of the topics listings again? This one seemed light hearted so I was relatively comfortable that I would not likely offend by replying.

Cheers,
8) mob
CC Dx 102017 age 58
Lap. right hemi-colectomy Dec 2017
Adenocarcinoma ascending colon – 6cm x 6cm x 2cm, Low Grade, penetrates to peritoneum
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC
lymph nodes 6 positive out of 18
FOLFOX start Jan/18 end Aug/8 (felt like a year)
CEA - 01/15/18-2.8; 07/29/18-5.3; 09/19-2.4; 03/20-2.7; 09/20-2.9
CT scan 08/18 - Clear; 10/19 - Clear; * 10/20 - 8mm & 6mm nodules in liver
PET scan 09/18 (thought about bringing the cat :wink: ) - Clear
Colonoscopy Dec 7 2018 - Clear - Next in 3 years?

Beccaschocked
Facebook Username: Becca Fender schock

Postby Beccaschocked » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:19 pm

I don’t even eat meat, but this post made me so darn happy. Love hearing about the bits of normalcy among all of this cancer madness. As they say, life goes on.

Oh and I’ll be putting some of these tips to the test when i grill for my family tonight!
Dx @ 32, mom to 6 week old and 2 year old (now 3 & 5)
3/2015 stage IV colon cancer Mets to liver. CEA > 8,000.
4/2015- June 15; 3 infusions folfoxiri +avastin, 4 infusions folfox
7/2015 colon & liver resection; 6 infusions of folfiri
1/2016-5/2017 NED (5mm lung nodule stable)
10/2017- growing lung nodule 12mm from 5mm-Confirmed recurrence - CEA 2.5
11/2017- lobectomy- no chemo
1/2018- CT & PET back to NED. CEA 1.3; 1.4; 1.2; 1.2.; 1.0; 1.1; 1.1; 0.9......
7/18-2023 - Clean Scans

retiredteacher

Postby retiredteacher » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 pm

Y'all are awesome! Here at Chez Mercer, we take the cowards' way out. Sous vide till done then a flaming sear over charcoal with a little apricot wood. No guts all glory ... :-D
RC F 63 9/17
Adeno 7 cm MSS G2 PET
T3N0M0
2.5K Cap/RT x 25
"Near complete response" PET 1/18
CEA 0.5 10/17, 0.6 10/18
MRI 2/18 yT2N0 12 cm fr AV 3 cm
LAR 2/18 yT1N0M0 0/21 G1 0.3 cm
CAPEOX 3/18, reduced to 80% at cycle 3
Completed 4 cycles; stopped, gut issues, liver enzymes
CT/ colonoscopy 11/18 NED
4/19 NED Sacral fractures/osteoporosis
"Caregiver" to the Iron Man
Hubby CRC Stage 3 2004 NED, Small Cell Lung Cancer Limited 2011 NED, Non-small Cell Lung Cancer 2019 NED October 2019

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 am

Hey homies
gotta tell y'all re-reading this topic brought joy to my heart and a tear to my eye
having been one of the original "perpetrators" :shock: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think maybe, it IS what this forum should be all about
... the great folks here dealing with life altering events with humor and kick ass attitude
as a distraction and support, because
... it is not always about the CRC

... AND that should never offend anyone
... THAT is who we are and THAT my friends is REAL

Harmony All
On the Journey with you
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”