mCRC STAGE IV OR RECURRENT PATIENTS thread - ONGOING

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jeanette57

Re: mCRC STAGE IV OR RECURRENT PATIENTS thread - ONGOING

Postby jeanette57 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:57 pm

hi ms ozzie

I was not trying to minimize your pain for child loss. I went through that at 27 yrs old, when my beloved hubby left me because I couldn't have kids.. I didn't know that my parents gave me 2 radiation treatments at 18 months old for a growing pink birthmark. it is the same place I got the cancer 55 years later.

I had so many babies tossed my way, but didn't want to do kids as a single women. I think I turned down children from family in Europe (mass murder of gypsy) and all the wars over the last 35 years. That is another story. I am sorry you are going through this but I have another friend 48 yrs old who just had a baby girl from a business that rents out wombs. Google it! She brought the lady here from India.

Bev - sorry this is a stressful time! prayers sent! hugs and take a deep breath. Ask all guardian angels to wing bridge you to give guidance and blessings. It will happen! :D
T3 N0 M0 -1-4-12 to 3-2013- NOW stage 4 terminal
mets Lungs & bone - halo on head (not to many can see unicorn horn)
chemo for life or until I quit

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:46 pm

Bev,
It sounds like the upcoming months for you and Steve are going to be grueling!! :shock: BTW, it's totally okay to whinge about what you're going physically and emotionally. We can't measure our trials against another's. It's just as important to you as it is when I have bone pain from chemo or other extreme side effects.

I was too sick to go see the Princess today but her grandpa got to see her and burp her and get her to sleep. My DIL sent me the sweetest pic of him holding the baby on his shoulder and she's out to the world. If it's not better by Monday, I'll ask the doc for Medrol dose pack. She gave me one last year when my allergies were bad.

God bless to you all ~
Gwen
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

pollo65
Facebook Username: pollo2

Postby pollo65 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:31 am

Mrs Ossie,
I don't think that anyone on this forum would mean to trivialize your loss or pain.
Gwen, sorry you aren't feeling well but I sure appreciate the picture of the princess and her guardian bear.
Bev, you are in my thoughts every day. Hoping your CEA reading was just a fluke. I can never figure how you can deal with everything that is on your plate...maybe it is a combination of tough and holy.
Love to all my stage 4 buddies,
Pollo 65
CC 1/6/09
r. hemi-colectomy 1/7/09
32Ln biopsied, 28 positive
met to aorta
chemo 12 rounds
done 9/09 3 scans clear
1/11 1 met to aorta
micro cluster to peritoneum
4/11 / 9/11 scan clear
4/12 scan clear
10/12 scan clear
Iri+avastin
chemo break

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:21 am

Bev
I know I saw it for me, but that cooking for life website has cancer foods that help white blood cells. I think but chemo brain is fried that ?? Miso soup or some soup was great for building white cells. I was also told millett soups? I have a very low white count and red count so to many blood transfusions,. Next CROCKPOT cooking for those crazy crazy days. Also collect - wipe and clean a collection of CD's for Steven (or Stephen) to watch in isolation. There is a thread here with funny movies.

Hugs to you and Gwen, hope all of my fellow survivor are doing well - blessings and prayers were being said.

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:21 am

Bev
I know I saw it for me, but that cooking for life website has cancer foods that help white blood cells. I think but chemo brain is fried that ?? Miso soup or some soup was great for building white cells. I was also told millett soups? I have a very low white count and red count so to many blood transfusions,. Next CROCKPOT cooking for those crazy crazy days. Also collect - wipe and clean a collection of CD's for Steven (or Stephen) to watch in isolation. There is a thread here with funny movies.

Hugs to you and Gwen, hope all of my fellow survivor are doing well - blessings and prayers were being said.

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:02 pm

Well, I had to have my Inc call in a prescription for a Medrol dose pack. This stuff seems bound and determined to settle in my chest! One part of me has been whining that it's not fair - I already have heart disease and cancer for goodness sake! It's definitely messed up my chemo break!

God bless ~
Gwen
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13

drebay

Postby drebay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:05 pm

Liver resection is scheduled for 4/10.
6/13 Age 45 mom of 11 and 13 yr old DX Stage IV liver mets
7/13 colon surgery
9/13 Folfox
11/13 Xeliri
3/14 more liver mets
4/14 Lung Met
4/14 Liver resect delayed;lung resect done
5/14 Surg not an option
9/14 Stivarga
3/15 Back to IV Chemo
6/15 Avastin
9/15 In Clinical Trial

MrsOssie

Postby MrsOssie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:16 pm

drebay wrote:Hi all. I haven't figured out all the lingo here. Diagnosed Stage 4 June 2013 at age 45. Liver and Lymph Nodes affected. Colon resection followed by Folfox. No help as liver tumors grew. Then had the chemo where you take home the pack. Can't remember right now the name. Done with chemo Feb '14. Had PET scan today. If no new tumors are there, then liver surgery. If any anywhere, then back to start.

Debbie

Edited to add: It was Xeloda and Irinotecan

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the club no-one wants to join! Your treatment plans seems pretty similar to mine so shout if you have any questions.

I pray that all goes well with the liver resection. Had mine done last year and is my best scar (as far as scars go). My surgeon did a very neat job and I had no complications after. Recovery was not great as it was abdominal surgery so you feel every cough, sneeze and laugh but it passes.

Also praying that your Dr finally gets back to you with the info you need. Everyone here would agree that waiting is hard. I hate that reminder that I'm not in control of my treatment.
Stage IV - 2 +ve lymph nodes & liver mets
32 F - Dxd Oct 2012
FOLFOX Dec 2012-Aug2013 (12 cycles)
Liver & colon resections, ablation, radiation & ileostomy Feb-Jun 2013
Ileostomy reversal Sept 2013
2nd Liver resection Feb 2015 - 1 met

drebay

Postby drebay » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:17 pm

MrsOssie wrote:
drebay wrote:Hi all. I haven't figured out all the lingo here. Diagnosed Stage 4 June 2013 at age 45. Liver and Lymph Nodes affected. Colon resection followed by Folfox. No help as liver tumors grew. Then had the chemo where you take home the pack. Can't remember right now the name. Done with chemo Feb '14. Had PET scan today. If no new tumors are there, then liver surgery. If any anywhere, then back to start.

Debbie

Edited to add: It was Xeloda and Irinotecan

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the club no-one wants to join! Your treatment plans seems pretty similar to mine so shout if you have any questions.

I pray that all goes well with the liver resection. Had mine done last year and is my best scar (as far as scars go). My surgeon did a very neat job and I had no complications after. Recovery was not great as it was abdominal surgery so you feel every cough, sneeze and laugh but it passes.

Also praying that your Dr finally gets back to you with the info you need. Everyone here would agree that waiting is hard. I hate that reminder that I'm not in control of my treatment.

Thanks MrsOssie
6/13 Age 45 mom of 11 and 13 yr old DX Stage IV liver mets
7/13 colon surgery
9/13 Folfox
11/13 Xeliri
3/14 more liver mets
4/14 Lung Met
4/14 Liver resect delayed;lung resect done
5/14 Surg not an option
9/14 Stivarga
3/15 Back to IV Chemo
6/15 Avastin
9/15 In Clinical Trial

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:48 pm

drebay wrote:Liver resection is scheduled for 4/10.

The time between now and time to go to the hospital will go faster than you ever thought possible. I don't know why that is but that's been my experience. I pray for the very best outcome.

Yesterday was a big day for the Princess. She got her first vaccinations and one of them includes an active rota virus that could cause me a great deal of harm and even kill me if I’m exposed to it because of my weakened immune system from the chemo. This “quarantine” is for 2 weeks!!! It also means that DH can’t go over there and see Son and the Princess either unless he comes home and completely changes his clothing as well as taking a bath before he comes close to me. Michelle told me that she would take lots of pics and either send them to me or post them on FB. I know it‘s for my best but I’m really going to miss not only seeing her but her daddy.

I now have laryngitis from coughing so much! :( So DH gets a break. He's also having problems with the pollen in the air so we're a pair of hacking fools.

Hope everyone has a blessed day ~
Gwen
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Gwen

now sure but SKYPE allows you to visit via the computer. I think it is free and downloads free?? I used it a few times and then realized I didn't need to see someone to visit. I know that princess is going to miss you but the most important is getting her shots. Hope mom and dad had their whopping cough shots as that is would will kill me. Adults carry it and right now it is bad in AZ.

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Jeanette,
Thanks for the advice but they don't have internet at their house for a myriad of reasons. Our oldest son lives 700 miles away and he has an IPhone as does my husband and Face time with him & his little girl.

Having laryngitis on top of the probable bronchitis & cancer just seemed to be too much to me. I was feeling a whine coming on and then we see news about another Ft. Hood shooting and I realize others are having a way worse day!

God bless ~
Gwen
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 am

gwen

whine away - you deserve it. yicks wondered why the flag was half mass at air force base. not having tv - leaves me ignorant.
My old professional interest was pulled as I talked to a beautiful women with a service dog. I wanted to know more about the dog. She has PTSD and the dog was trained to help her. She had two sweet kids with her so I told her about Hatha yoga. It helps when the medications are to much.

Well getting use to no chemo for 3 weeks, with one week left. My nose infection is 75 cured but crusty and itchy like hell, hope it heals all the way. I am using my old Vashe treatment and working miracles with it.

all have a great Thursday!

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Still not talking much. I start back on chemo on Tuesday. I feel cheated. There were things I wanted to be able to do during this time and allergies and probable bronchitis messed all that up. My DIL has been an angel in sending us pics and a video of the Princess. My poor DH has also gotten sick from allergies so we're a check of a pair!

God bless ~
Gwen
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Gwen - really feeling you. A month off and still doing infection on nose and hand & foot is crazy. The hunt for tax papers is still on but taken a toll with sore back and butt.

Question - any one have hair grow back. I have some peach fuzz but balk spots on some of head. wonder if it will grow back with bald spots. Should I lotion my head? so nice to think I may see hair again.

so cold here in the 60's so got the heating blanket cranked up. I cant find warm anywhere. yicks I may not have ac installed for the summer. need it to get back to 80s. :|

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”