My spiritual cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
spirit77

My spiritual cancer

Postby spirit77 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:22 pm

I would like to share my story in the hope that it will help others. In the beginning of last year I found out I had uterine cancer. Later they also found colon cancer and that had spread to my liver, where a small spot was found.
My first impulse was no way! I am not doing that! Yet here I was doing just that!
After my initial resistance, I posed the question to myself: why I am creating this? If I believe in my spirituality, I am creating this. What am I not seeing?
And then the answers started coming. I was not letting people in anymore. I would hand out 'happy cards' to people to make them feel good, but...I did not want a response. All this must have happened slowly, because I was not aware of it.
Uterine cancer is a response to not accepting femininity. Also a surprise, yet clearly visible when I got the answer to that. I needed to LOVE myself. So I healed those areas in my life. For me it was done.

Yet the body still had cancer. So then comes the whole doctor routine. And all of a sudden it all came together: aggressive surgery, chemo and healing. I had 8 hours of surgery, Yet I felt it was easy. I have had two Cesarean deliveries and they were much harder to deal with then this. The healing went quickly and with relatively little pain. Everything was healed on a spiritual level and the body responded.
Even the chemo was not so bad although that had some nasty side effects.

Now I have no evidence of dis-ease and I feel very much at-ease with myself. I now love myself.

Does any one else have an experience like this? Would someone like to try this route? I would be happy to help.

See the way as an easy path! Believe in yourself! You are a giant who can do this. I did!
Lots of love,

Lia

Ashlee H.

Re: My spiritual cancer

Postby Ashlee H. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Uterine cancer is a response to not accepting femininity...

Oh really? I found your whole posting insulting to me and for others who have gone through treatment for years. A positive attitude will help you get through it, but it won't cure you. Some people do get cured. But, even with you - you had treatment and surgeries - might they have cured you instead of the "love" you have for yourself? I've known way too many young people who have died of this disease and your thread makes it sound like they brought it on themselves. I've known many people who have also taken an alternative approach to treat their cancer - and they are all (100%) dead. I'm glad for you that you are cancer free - but I doubt self love cured you.

I put your thread in with all the magical ways to cure oneself of cancer.
Stage IV w/liver met dx 7-1-09
KRAS Mutant
Member of the HIPECKERS (2011) and OLYMPHIANS (2012)
2/14 - standard chemo has stopped working
3/14 - Stivarga
LIVE LIFE!

jean60

Postby jean60 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:44 pm

spirit77 wrote:I would like to share my story in the hope that it will help others. In the beginning of last year I found out I had uterine cancer. Later they also found colon cancer and that had spread to my liver, where a small spot was found.
My first impulse was no way! I am not doing that! Yet here I was doing just that!
After my initial resistance, I posed the question to myself: why I am creating this? If I believe in my spirituality, I am creating this. What am I not seeing?
And then the answers started coming. I was not letting people in anymore. I would hand out 'happy cards' to people to make them feel good, but...I did not want a response. All this must have happened slowly, because I was not aware of it.
Uterine cancer is a response to not accepting femininity.

Lia

Lia,

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in the early 90's. I was diagnosed with rectal cancer very close to two years ago.

The uterine cancer was not due to my non-acceptance of my femininity. The rectal cancer was not due to my failure to accept my bowels and their function.

(I am deleting a good portion of my original content. This post made me angrier than I have been in a long time but everyone is entitled to their opinion.)
Jean
Last edited by jean60 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dx Rectal Cncr 5/12
Stage III
5 weeks Chemo (5FU) & Radiation completed
LAR with temporary ileostomy 9/12, complete response
Began FOLFOX 10/12. oxil reduced after tx 1, eliminated after tx 2. Now 5FU.
Finished 1/13
Ileostomy reversal 5/13

mtlimpactfan

Postby mtlimpactfan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi all,
I always have some doubts on the 'holistic' approach of curing various cancers but then again I don't really have a firm opinion on that.
From our experience, in this 6yr battle, my DW consulted professionals very often on various issues related to CC and her initial health condition known as ulcerative colitis (UC). I remember (at least 2) psychologists mentioned to her that the UC must have been caused by a childhood trauma, etc. As a matter of fact, my DW lost her father when she was 4 y.o. and never really had the chance to mourn the loss. She grew up thinking that he was abducted by the Soviets (most probably related to the great ice hockey series of 1975 between Canada and USSR). Of course, growing up fatherless in her childhood marginalised her from the other kids at school, etc.
Basically, her UC could of been a psychosomatic shock that eventually triggered the UC and eventually (for other well known and scientifically documented reasons) it became a CC.
My two cents,
Charles
DW 38 DX 1/09 CRC(T3N1) 3/33 LN (colitis @19yo)
6/09 Temp Ileo J-pouch
Folfox 12 rds
06/12 regional recurrence SRC adn poorly diff Gr3/3
28rds ChemRad
surgery (hyst, ileo)
12/12 Folfox 12 rds
2013 All neg Pet/CT
05/14 It's back, inoperable
09/14 Vectibix

Kekeg

Postby Kekeg » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:56 pm

Since you had surgery and chemo, standard medical treatments for cancer, I do not understand the perception that you healed yourself. Although research has shown a relationship between stress and some medical conditions, not being in touch or comfortable with feminity does not cause cancer. I have found therapy helpful in dealing with stress and depression and there is documented evidence therapy helps with delusions also. Many individuals with beautiful spirits and deeply held spiritual beliefs have cancer and some die from this disease. We did not bring it on ourselves through thinking. I am glad you are better after surgery and chemo and hope you are NED in the future.
KeKeG age 58
Colon cancer - adneocarcinoma dx 5/2011
Stage III b
T3N1Mx
Rt colectomy 5/2011
Chemotherapy 6/2011 -2/2012
5FU, leukovorin, irrintocan
PET clear 2012
Lung nodules on chest CT 8/2012, unchanged 12/2012
CT 4/9/2013 NED, nodules unchanged
CT 4/2014 NED, nodules unchanged
CT 4/2015 NED nodules both lungs, unchanged size
CT 5/2016 NED 5 year survivor of Stage IIIB!!

skypup

Postby skypup » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:44 am

Lia, I think you have a beautiful story and that you are being kind to tell it to a group of people in need. I applaud you for taking on both a strong spiritual overhaul and aggressive medical treatment. I hope you remain NED and that you die peacefully with a strong spirit at 93. The lessons we learn from cancer are varied. For you, it was a lesson about accepting and loving yourself. For me, it was about loving others. I don't know how much effect learning our lessons and strengthening our walk upon the spiritual path helps with healing. I personally don't think it helps all that much because, as others have said, perfectly lovely people die -- and, I'll add, some dreadful people live. But it does mean we live better for however long we do live. Perhaps that is the story you can share without hurting those of us who have suffered so much and continue to do so. But to tell us "I've done it and you can to" implies a knowledge you don't have, rather it's like a faith that denies knowledge, a knowledge many of us know too well. It's not gentle to do that.

May you be well in all ways as you move forward!

lohidoc

Postby lohidoc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:40 am

I am glad you are without disease, and if you believe that "loving yourself" did that for you, you are free to say so. Just as others are free to disagree.

The problem with your post, well intentioned though it undoubtedly is, is that it implies that the rest of us are, well, deficient in some way. Not spiritual enough perhaps, not positive enough, or not loving ourselves enough. I think that is why you have had some negative reactions.

And if all it took was "loving yourself", and not the gruelling experiences of surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, it somehow diminishes the experience of those who have struggled and continue to struggle through these treatments.

Since the beginning of mankind we have attributed disease to all manner of things. Revenge of the gods, demonic possession, a punishment for a sinful life, and, with cancer in particular "character". There are still many who propound the existence of a "cancer personality". Aggression turned inwards, a lack, or a surfeit of passion, a weakness, a lack of strength, yin and yang out of balance, the list goes on.

We adopt these beliefs because we do not understand the disease. That is why these beliefs exist.

And most recently of course, "lifestyle"…. we eat too much, the wrong foods, the wrong hormones, not enough exercise, smoking, you name it, there is no shortage of self appointed saints to tell us that it is all, somehow, our own fault.

I don't believe anyone is responsible for their cancer, and certainly no one deserves it. I feel a profound pity for the middle aged smoker with lung cancer. No one will be running for his cure , and yet he suffers as much as we do.

PS anyone interested in this theme might be interested in Susan Sonntag "Illness as a Metaphor".
"Half of what I know is wrong. I don't know which half."

Age 56
Dx 19/7/11
R. hemicolectomy 25/7/11
IIIc, 7 / 23 nodes,
no mets
Folfox 21/8/11
CT Scan 6/3/12 NED
CT Scan 21/6/12 30+ lung mets, 2 retroperitoneal tumours
marcdu4.wordpress.com

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”