What is your bucket list?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Guinevere

Re: What is your bucket list?

Postby Guinevere » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:34 am

I noticed you didn't mention whether or not you found the "clothing optional" beach, Jeanette.... :twisted:

I was laughing reading your post just imaging all the fun you did have. I'm so glad it's another thing checked off the list!

Guinevere
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

alanams

Postby alanams » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

Unlike many of you, I deferred a lot of opportunities for enjoyment and leisure, and spent much of my time working, going to school, and deferring gratification. So, my list would include the following:

1. My first automobile: I would love to have a 1980's Chrysler Imperial or New Yorker. When I was done done with high school I dreamed of that type of vehicle, but had no means to purchase one.
2. Become part of a community, a real community of idealist people, such as one would in a commune.
3. Fill each day with leisure, such as fishing, walking through woods, amd doing tings on my own schedule, not having to be anywhere at a particular time.
4. Giving back to society through activities such as teaching those who need remedial help.

Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas. Best to all.

Alan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
50 yr old M, metastatic adenocarcinoma of colon
Colon bypass surgery performed 7/2012
PT/CT scans showed tumor cells in liver, lungs and lymph nodes
Folfox and Avastin started 9/10/2012
CT Scan after 6 infusions, splenic enlargement, some decrease in size of liver and lung tumors.
Spenic infarct present; Avastin discontinued.
Finished 12 sessions of Folfox 4/2013, delayed 8 weeks due to low platelets.
4/2013 No improvement since last CT scan in 12/2012
** Herbal remedies in use since January 2013: Essiac tea, Coriolus versicolor, Ashwagandha and Black Cumin. **
4/2013 Consultation with a TCM master herbalist
4/30/2013 Started full TCM regimen. 5/19/2013 Started using Amygdalin (Vitamin B17). Added proteolytic enzymes on 7-11.
7-19 CT scan indicated progression. 8/5 Started Folfiri and Avastin
51 M, Stage IVb CRC; Colon bypass surgery 7/12. Mets to liver, lungs and lymph nodes; 12 sessions of Folfox 4/13 & 12 with Folfiri & Avastin 2/14. Biliary blockage delays chemo treatments; ERCP with 3 stents, and 2 biliary catheters (7/14).

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:39 am

Bucket-list trip N° 3

We spent New Year's Eve 2013 on an overseas trekking trip high up in the Spanish Pyrenees mountains.

In the evening of December 31st we had a delicious dinner a local Spanish restaurant, and this was then followed by a New Years Eve party at the stroke of midnight.

The following day the weather took a turn for the worse. On New Year's Day 2014 at the mountain pass near the French-Spanish border it began snowing heavily and visibility was limited

This was my third overseas trip since DX. I'm hoping to make more such trips sometime before my scan at the end of this year.
Last edited by O Stoma Mia on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Candyys03
Facebook Username: Candy Llamas

Postby Candyys03 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Hello my friends!
I lost my original bucket list and I can only remember 2 of the 4 on my list and did 1.
I went to Disneyland in March.
I want to go to Mexico or Baja,CA one more time.I have to renew my passport.

I am happy going anywhere.
My sister lives in Las Vegas and I saw Circ de Soli's KA last year.
I am going to make a new bucket list.

I just had the most amazing 24hrs with the most amazing cancer survivor women on Wednesday.
It tops anything I would have imagined that I had on my bucket list let alone do.

I rode in a Cadillac to L.A.,got a make over-hair and make up,rode in a limo to the Pepoles Choice Awards
Got to see movie stars,ate well,stayed in a hotel and was driven home in the Cadillac.
It was Awesome!(even though I dont have much of a voice-broken vocal cord- due to stivarga)

I am feeling so blessed and happy !
I get my vocal cord fixed Tuesday and the ACS Relay for Life kickoff.
Chemo Thursday-tuck
But I know that there is more,more life,more bucket list in store for me.
I am so excited for this new year!

God is good!
Candy :)
DX8/0642yrIVCCmtsliver
9/06opcol+lymps
07oxy
08livernonop
08iri+erb
1/09opliver
NED11m
12/09lungmts
3/10livermts