Erbitux Rash Product Recommendations ?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
drose
Facebook Username: send message

Erbitux Rash Product Recommendations ?

Postby drose » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:35 am

My husband's CT scan last week showed rapid progression of disease everywhere so his next poison chemotherapy cocktail will be the Erbitux with CPT-11 combo. I have read a lot of posts about the "RASH". Sounds pretty horrific. So I would like to ask for any recommendations for products or ideas to help my husband more comfortable if he gets the "RASH" ? Hopefully he will be one of the lucky ones that does not have too much trouble - he does have oily skin and very few wrinkles even at age 52. From what I read - skin type seems to help. Thanks ! :oops:
HB age 50
CC w mets to liver lung lymph 09-10
folfox w av x 8 txt - stable w cavitation
Maint 5fu w. av x 11 txt -stable
txt break for toxicity- cea -mass progression
folfiri w av x 5 txt -cea up
folfox w av x 2 -allergic
Erbitux w CPT 11 rash

cavu7

Re: Erbitux Rash Product Recommendations ?

Postby cavu7 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:49 pm

We just started Erbitux and so far so good. I started Mike on the Minacycline 24 hours before the first treatment began. Instructed him to use baby soap on his face and torso followed by coloidal oatmeal lotion to retain the moisture (Aveno) He too has oily skin and the rash is really no big deal.

Best of luck to you

Nancy

KarMel
Facebook Username: Karin Gray

Postby KarMel » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:52 pm

I tried multiple products and nothing prescription worked. all I got that helped was stuff you could buy at a store.

1. Scalpicin medicated wipes for head and back of neck....as needed. very soothing and cooling

2. Clinique 7 day exfoliating cream twice daily for face.

3. Aquaphor...helped a little, not as much as other two. It's like putting vaseline on your face.

My two cents
Stage IV, April 2009.
Treatments...multiple .
Currently none
"It is well, with my soul"

crazymotherof8

Postby crazymotherof8 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Dear Diane,
I am so sorry you didn't get good news last week. I don't have any suggestions about the rash but I know there are a lot out there on the forum who do.
I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and Paul every night.
Take care!
Niki
DH Matt - 49 - father to 8
Dx Mar11 w/Mets to liver, lungs Folfox + Avastin Mar 11 - Jul 11
Sept11 Spleen remvd bc low platelets
Oct12 Folfox+Avastin
Mar12 Folfiri+Avastin
Aug12 bone mets; irinotecan+Erbitux
Dec12 chemo failed - trial
passed June 17, 2013

Cancerislame
Facebook Username: jennifer shy marrone

Postby Cancerislame » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:12 am

Hello,

I have been on erbitux for almost 9 months the thing that makes the rash tolerable is vaseline. I was with noxema then use the clydamycin for the actual site, let it dry then apathetic with vaseline. If I am having a really awful reaction which extra sun can cause I will use neosporin. Sunscreen is a must but I haven't to many that don't sting. I currently use aveeno tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. Maybe they have a non tinted version. I found out that lotion is not enough that vaseline always had to be added or the rash got like 3 times worse on face. The rest of rash on arms, back, stomach and chest doesn't bother me at all. Hope that helps!

Take care,
Jennifer
"Every little things gonna be alright"
3/11- dx st IV, 5cm colon, 4.5cm Lvr, 1 of 13 LN, perit.sprd@30
4/11-1/12 FOLFOX/ERB.
5/18/12 HIPEC-rt ovary, omtm rmvd.
6/24/12 smll Bwl Obst Srg
8/20/12 Xlda, Mtc. Only
11/13 no chemo
NED5/18/12
Eat vegan/gf, fish occ.-Rd The China study

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”