Colon Club Accepting Applications for 2013 Colondar Models!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Colon Club Accepting Applications for 2013 Colondar Models!

Postby NWgirl » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:29 pm

In case anyone has missed this on the web-site, The Colon Club is currently accepting applications for 2013 Models for The Colondar. If you go to the Home Page, then click on "Crazy Projects", then click on "2012 Colondar". At the bottom of the "2012 Colondar" page there is a link titled "Modeling for The Colondar". Just click on the "e-mail" link and it will prompt you to send an e-mail to The Colon Club - all you have to do is ask for an application and they will send you one. The deadline for submitting apps is January 22nd (this is from The Colon Club Facebook page - I didn't find it listed on this web-site).

To be eligible as a model, you must have been diagnosed with colo-rectal cancer BEFORE the age of 50 (the age generally suggested for colonoscopy's to begin as routine screening). There is a brief application and you will be asked to send in a photo of yourself showing your scar. Just look at any of the former Colondar Model's pics if you want an idea of the type of photo they want (nothing X-Rated please! :lol: ). You will also be asked to send in a bio of yourself/your cancer experience.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring a page (or a part of a page!) in the 2013 Colondar, they are accepting sponsors at this time as well.

So if any of you are interested in applying - please request an application soon so you can get it completed and submitted before the January 22nd deadline! The photo shoot is usually done in June - and will require you to be at the photo shoot for a 4 day weekend. The location is pretty much in the middle of nowhere in upstate NY (beautiful!); but NOT close to medical treatment facilities; so keep this in mind when deciding whether now is a good time for you to consider applying. Speaking from personal experience, it is an opportunity of a lifetime - one that you will cherish and remember forever.
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

ydelvalle

Re: Colon Club Accepting Applications for 2013 Colondar Mode

Postby ydelvalle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Pleeease... raise the age limit a little bit next year. I would love to apply to be in the colondar. Although I am 55 I look pretty young.

eitter

Postby eitter » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:20 pm

ydelvalle wrote:Pleeease... raise the age limit a little bit next year. I would love to apply to be in the Colondar. Although I am 55 I look pretty young.

I really do not see that happening....I encourage you to read Molly's story it is all over this website, and the reason for under 50 and why it is so important.

The reason it is under 50 is because, for some reason someone said that was the age to start caring about colon cancer and as you will see in the Colondars and all around the forum most of us were under 50 and well below that age. What the Colondar was meant to do was to raise awareness that you need to pay attention UNDER 50!!!! And that has been the whole message from day one that Molly wanted to convey to the public.

So for that vary reason, having people over 50 would defeat the whole purpose and mission statement of the Colondar. I hope that sheds light on the reason.
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

ambrian04

Postby ambrian04 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:03 pm

What is the email address to request an application to be in the calendar? When I click on the email link I can't get in.

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:08 pm

It is set to open up the email program on your own computer, I believe. If you register for the forum, you will supply an email and then the moderators will be able to PM you or email you directly to help.
the direct email is info@colonclub.com
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

LUCKY TO HAVE HER

Postby LUCKY TO HAVE HER » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 am

My wife was diagnosed with FAP via Colonoscopy and had to have a total colectomy to prevent colon cancer. FAP has changed the life of my entire family. With the exception of her mother, everyone in my wifes family has had a colectomy and or died from colon cancer. She is beautiful, fit and alive!! I think she would make a great addition to your calendar. She is now 37 and the battle continues. Let me know if she fits your criteria and I will have her fill out the application.

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:27 am

Please reply to the email noted in the previous post for further information. Thank you & best wishes.
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

RixInPhx

Postby RixInPhx » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:45 am

Is there an exact date in June for the photoshoot, in case one wanted to make vacation plans in the area?

Thanks, Rick
M 61, Dx 6/10 CRC st 4, unknown primary CEA 843
2 kg peritoneal mass, met to skull; no surgery
Various regimens of all CRC chemo drugs
Mets to lung 8/11 CEA 135
Folfiri/Erb/Ava 12/11 CEA 320
No progression 5/12 CEA 192

eitter

Postby eitter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:16 pm

RixInPhx wrote:Is there an exact date in June for the photoshoot, in case one wanted to make vacation plans in the area?

Thanks, Rick

The Photo shoot is in a pretty remote area with very few to no hotels around. ALL the models stay in the home of Molly's parents and friends around the Lake. They keep the shoot pretty close to the vest and it is not much of a spectator sport. :) They have it down to a science.

You can always e-mail Molly if you really really really wanted to go, not sure what she would say.
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy

MissM
Facebook Username: missmtravelstheworld

Postby MissM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:48 pm

What's the actual email address to request for an application? My outlook is not functioning so I have to use my yahoo email and there is no link to the email address for requesting an application unless I overlooked it.
1/8/12 Given a year left to live
8/30/12-12/18/12 Irinotecan & Vectibix
7/25/12 Ovaries Removed
6/28/12 Liver Resection
12/16/11 Colostomy Closure
6/26/11-11/10/11 FOLFOX
5/09/11 Colon Resection & Colostomy
4/29/11 Stage IIIC T4N2B @28 Years Old

NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Postby NWgirl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:19 pm

info@colonclub.com

Here's the e-mail address for anyone who needs it.
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

Staci's team

Postby Staci's team » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:30 am

Hey all -- just wanted to remind everyone that today is the deadline for submitting your applications for the 2013 Colondar. No more dawdling -- just get it done and hit the "submit" button! :)
Husband to Staci, diagnosed at age 32
Clinical dx Stage II/III rectal cancer, 7/2009
APR surgery 11/09 leading to...
Pathological dx Stage IIIB, ypT3N1M0, 11/2009
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/staciwills
Member of The Colon Club's Board of Directors

eitter

Postby eitter » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Since the deadline has passed I am removing this post from the top!

There is always next year!
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
LAR 10/06 Stage III

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”