urination urgency & frequency

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
ms

urination urgency & frequency

Postby ms » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:12 pm

Does anyone have remedies or experiences to share re:
4 years out from Stage 3 sigmoid colon cancer, I am on OXYTROL PATCH which is lessening urgency--spasm of bladder wall. However, urination is frequent, an inconvenience in daily life. I notice poor short term memory and work to focus my activities under stressful multitasking conditions. Chemotherapy for 6 months: Leucovorin/5-FU and Oxaliplatin.

THANKS, MS

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Welcome to my world. I have most of my bladder problems at night (laying down) sitting or if I feel stressed. I can go hours if I'm on my feet. We would be traveling by car and I swear I've got to hit every pit stop. Yet I get up walk to the bathroom and the urgency is dimished or gone. I do not take a patch and have chosen to live with it just knowing it can be a problems at times. Guess I'm grateful, doctors keep asking me if I'm leaking (some medical name I can't remember, but the good news I don't have that problem.

I thought my memory loss was just me getting older. I'm coming up on 4 yrs since diagnoses for rectal cancer, and had the same chemo treatment.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”