Moviprep - colonoscopy prep

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Pat

Re: Moviprep - colonoscopy prep

Postby Pat » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks for the STRAW tip. It is really helping!
Pat

txadmin

Postby txadmin » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Has anyone every had to do a two day prep? I've been on full liquids today and have taken 1/2 of the Nulytley that was prescribed. I am waiting patiently for something to happen. I started at 5:00 and it is now 9:00. I am supposed to take the other 1/2 in the morning. Tomorrow is a clear liquids day and the Moviprep starts tomorrow evening. I take my last dose 4 hours before leaving for the clinic.

txadmin

Postby txadmin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Made it through the Nulytley and this morning. It has worked but I'm glad the doctor is having me do the two day prep because while it has been a hard day, I want to make sure that I am squeeky clean tomorrow. I have had 2 colonoscopies and neither of them have been totally successful because the preps have not worked. I don't want to have to go back next year because the doctor couldn't see clearly this time.

The best tips so far have been putting crystal light in the stuff and drinking it out of a wine glass.

Have just started on the Moviprep. So far the taste of the Moviprep is worse than the Nulytley. I have an idea that the Moviprep will move through me more quickly than the Nulytley did. The bad thing is I have to get up at 4 AM so that I can take the other container of the Moviprep 4 hours before I leave my house.

Passed this first time period on this site. I probably am on my way to the royal throne before the next 15 minute time frame occurs.

laguna38

Postby laguna38 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Five years ago I had a colonoscopy -- used HalfLytely because that's what the insurance paid for. Thought I would never make it to the hospital for the procedure. Projectile vomiting was loads of fun! This time, I paid out-of-pocket for Movi-Prep. While it wasn't a kick this evening to have to drink so much in such a short period of time, I had some discomfort (bloating) but otherwise no problem. Prepared the stuff in the morning and refrigerated it, as suggested. Used gatorade (for maintaining electrolytes) for the 2 16-oz soft drinks following each 32 oz. of Movi-Prep. Worth the expense, as compared to HalfLytely!

Dcaplice

Postby Dcaplice » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 pm

I started the MoviPrep at 5:15'Again 5:30pm,again 5:45pm, again at 6:00 pm. Drank 16 oz clear liquid. At 7:00 pm the dam broke. It is now 9:00pm when willow this but burning blowout stop. Is it going to b long. This is exhausting and feels like my organs r being washed out along with all this ghastly wastE. How much longer til I'm done this prep tonight? I have to do it again at 5:30am . I have the procedure being done at 10 am. How much longer?p

nervousnelly

Postby nervousnelly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:46 pm

I just can't finish my 2nd dose of Moviprep. I had my first from 6-7 and starting working on my second at 10pm, now it's 10.45 and I've only finished half of the 2nd dose.

Ugh...Sorry to complain but this stuff is terrible. Cold, with straw, without straw, with lemon, with gingerale etc, it's all nasty to me.

George

Postby George » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I've been directed to take my first dose of MoviPrep at 8 pm and a second dose at 5 am. I have to leave home at 6 am for a 7:30 am appointment. Am I going to have an evacuation problem during that 1 1/2 hour ride?

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 pm

So I started my MoviPrep at 6pm and got through the whole liter. My procedure is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM and I am supposed to take my second dose at 4am but I am ALL cleaned out already. I guess Ill drink half of the second dose, hopefully I am able to get through it because it taste nasty. Thanks for all the information on this forum, its very helpful.

newb

Postby newb » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:36 am

hey there guys,

i was wondering how long does it take to get back a normal bowel movement after moviprep? i took my course yesterday and i've had loose stools (mushy fluffy diarrhoea) the whole day. i needed a little straining too.

looking forward to replies.

thanks!

ultrun

Postby ultrun » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:01 am

I wonder, as George does, if there will be an issue on the drive to the hospital. I took the first 1/2 last night at 6pm and the 2nd dose this morning at 5.45. Appointment is at 1100, so I am praying the movement will stop. Everything is clear/bile colored, so normal reaction. Any ideas on the safety of the car ride?

speakle

Postby speakle » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 am

Had my procedure last week and am still "bummed" at the results. I know people have said "it's all mind over matter", but projectile vomiting is not something you can think yourself through. That moviprep is awful (though part of my problem is I don't like citrusy drinks that much). I NEVER vomit, but this stuff had me going by the 4th dose. I didn't go much at all after the evening prep, but it worked in the morning. I don't think I was quite clean but my dr didn't say anything after the procedure.
My question to you all: my dr couldn't scope me entirely without risking perforation because of kinks in my bowel. My previous dr was able to scope me entirely 3 years ago (and used the Fleet prep that was less noxious but has been taken off the market. Now he uses OsmiPrep I believe). One non-cancerous polyp removed 3 years ago and one precancerous polyp removed last week. Now my dr wants me to have a barium enema to look at the rest of the colon. That procedure, along with the prep before, horrifies me. Plus, if a polyp is found on that procedure, it can't be removed, and my dr told me not to get ahead of myself when I asked what would be done then. Has this happened to anyone? I'm thinking of going back to my first dr for a consultation, and then probably having him repeat the colonoscopy in a year.

uncertain

Postby uncertain » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Went for colonoscopy this morning at 8, but Doctor stopped proceedure because MoviPrep didn't work after following Dr's directions strictly: entire day before: completely liquid diet no milk, no red or purple; started first MoviPrep@ 6:00pm and finished followed by 16onces water @ 7:00pm; started second container @ 9:30pm and drank 16 onces of water when finished @ about 10:30. Did not have to go yet so I drank 2 large mugs of warm tea. Wasn't until after 11:30 it started to work. Tried to go again @ 1:45 before going to bed and nothing happened nor when I got up to urinate at 5. This MoviPrep was as hard to get down as swallowing a giant pill without water and I felt dizzy and chest pain as I drank each portion which went away inbetween. About 5 yrs ago, used old gallon size stuff with no problem. Drank it down fast and it didn't take long to start working and cleaned me out completely. Colonosopy showed no polps then, but having warning signs: change in bowel habits, pain, bleeding, positive result for blood with rectal exam was sent to GI doctor. Now I have to wait again for new proceedure(with old prep) and I'm worried about these symptoms. :?:

TheMiiszmaria

Postby TheMiiszmaria » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:55 pm

My test is tomorrow and I am taking the MoviPrep now (15 more minutes for the next one). I am pretty freaked out, first time I do this test, I never went to hospital for serious testing and I am 24. I am just scared. Anyone felt the same way? Is the procedure painful or how passed out will I be?

Stojef

Postby Stojef » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:35 pm

They must have improved the flavor. Just took some. It tastes like a slightly salty, flat 7UP. It's not so bad.

cammam1986

Postby cammam1986 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 pm

I just had to cancel my 8:45 appt for tomorrow. Can't keep the Moviprep down and yes it was way more costly than I expected. There has to be another alternative out there!!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”