Mini bm's

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
goofytc
Facebook Username: Tina Healer Chavez

Re: Mini bm's

Postby goofytc » Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 am

Phuong wrote:
I think I am just thankful to know this won't be my new normal

I was a straight connect too. One more thought on this - my surgeon told me that I should expect it to be about 8 months before I get to my new "normal" and then that's "as good as it gets", but that wasn't really true in my case. The further out I got from surgery the better things got for me. Up until month 8 I felt like I still couldn't tell if I needed to "crap or gas" and was really starting to get down on it. If that was my new normal, it was going to take a lot more getting used to. Fortunately I continued to improve beyond it. I think it was really 1 1/2 years before I truly got to my new normal. I still have good days/bad days as everyone else here does with the bowels, but it is under much more normal and I can **usually** differentiate between the two. So stick with it, do what you can and I promise it WILL get better.

It seems like for the most part our experiences are very similar, I appreciate your responses. I had no idea it would take so long. I am going to try the tea for sure. Thanks again
rectal cancer
dx 1-11-11
6 weeks of chemo 24-7 (i had a groshong catheter)
6 weeks of radiation (m-f)
rectal resection
complete hysterectomy
NED - 3-25-11

MrPleistocene
Facebook Username: vinson.jim

Postby MrPleistocene » Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 am

I just want to chime in s a straight anastomosis patient with skittle poos. I wear depends 24/7 and can unfortunately report that mine are very soft. I have takes to shaving my bottom hair because sometimes those little nuggets would grab on and not let go. Ugh! It mostly feels like a waste of time and toilet paper for me. All this wiping for one smudgy tiny turd.

The hot shot of prune juice or a steaming bowl of oatmeal in the morning seems to trigger some movement and get the pellet gun firing. It is still cocoa puffs, but I'll start getting 5-6 out at a time. I consider it part of a balanced breakfast.
DX 11/09 RC Stage IIIb
12/09 Chemorad w/Folfox
Surgery 4/10 LAR, Removed Seminal Vesicles
Clean Margins, T3N2M0, 4/19 Nodes
FOLFOX 6/10-11/10
6/10, 10/10, 1/11 Clean Scans, Normal CEA
12/10 Bi-Nephrostomy
12/10-2/11 HBOT
2/11 Reversal

goofytc
Facebook Username: Tina Healer Chavez

Postby goofytc » Mon May 02, 2011 5:13 pm

I love the humor that comes across on this page :) "gets the pellet gun firing" lol I learned that I need to drink more water, and warm water is the best option, as well as eat high fiber foods. Also I learned to try and train your bowel again by drinking the warm water and taking the fiber at the same time everyday to try and create a routine. I'm so thankful for everyone's responses! Thank you! I learned a lot!
rectal cancer
dx 1-11-11
6 weeks of chemo 24-7 (i had a groshong catheter)
6 weeks of radiation (m-f)
rectal resection
complete hysterectomy
NED - 3-25-11

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”