CRguy invents new "Stage"

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CRguy

Re: CRguy invents new "Stage"

Postby CRguy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:02 am

Surroundedbylove wrote:Hey CRguy - definitely get out and dance in the rain, hug your grandson and grand puppy and smell all the roses - I hugged the cat today, all the kids, and I'm signing off the boards for a couple of days to get my mind focused on the Pacific NorthWET instead.....

Cascadia RULES...but it is a tad moist on occasion !!!!

Enjoy your "break", PM me if you wanna chat though, I'll be around cooking up some kind of family potlatch for Sunday dinner.

Cheers and be well
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

pollo65
Facebook Username: pollo2

Re: CRguy invents new "Stage"

Postby pollo65 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:35 pm

I just read your "new" stage. It seems to fit me perfectly, I had 17/28 LNs tested positive for cancer, have no new sites but two nodes were attached to my ascending aorta. I live in a small city and there wasn't a doc in town who wanted to go after them, so Avastin had to do it. Hence stage 4 and watching a "spot" on my lung which isn't lighting up and was found pre-surgery. It seems that you and I have a lot in common. I was in medical field (Army medic-R.N. and certified Respiratory tech.) I have to admit I knew nothing about oncology until---you get the picture. I definitely like the 3.5 people don't look at me like I need to prepare to die if I say stage 3 but do if I mention stage 4. Thanks for more3 than just a laugh.

Pollo65
CC 1/6/09
r. hemi-colectomy 1/7/09
32Ln biopsied, 28 positive
met to aorta
chemo 12 rounds
done 9/09 3 scans clear
1/11 1 met to aorta
micro cluster to peritoneum
4/11 / 9/11 scan clear
4/12 scan clear
10/12 scan clear