Panitumumab/Xeloda Side Effects

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bossan

Panitumumab/Xeloda Side Effects

Postby bossan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:29 pm

I'm on round 6-7 of the big P and fourth 2 week cycle of X.

Dealing with constant fatigue (mental and physical) and some skin problems. I have really leathery skin on the palms of my hands and fingers. They cut very easily. My face has a big red patch as if I stuck it in the tanning booth. Being of Mexican persuasion, its not too bad looking, being the handsome diablo that I am :)

I also have acne all over my back and on my chest. It has been controlled enough to keep the treatment going with antibiotics.

I'd appreciate any info on relief. I'm trying to stay positive but this is really wearing me down....
How Beautiful Can A Being Be?
My Personal Forum: http://z8.invisionfree.com/colorectalk
My Story (scroll to the bottom of page 1) http://www.colonclub.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

sevenyear

Vectribix

Postby sevenyear » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:29 pm

Sounds pretty bad. I'm only on round 1 so its not that bad yet. Vaseline intensive care and antibiotic soap appears to help the face for a short time.-haven't resorted to antibiotic creams yet. I also have red rash under the hair on top of my head (I know, I'm lucky to still have hair). What can be done about that?

I've taken Xeloda for years and it never got much worse than dry hands and feet. Hand cream on both every day helps.

rthornton

Postby rthornton » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:45 pm

I used Erbitux, which I think is quite similar to Panitumumab, and suffered with a terrible rash. I haven't used the drug in several months, and I still have remnants of the rash. You may wish to try topical antibiotics (I used Clindamycin) in conjunction with oral antibiotics (I used Minocyclin and, although I never tried it, was told that Keflex works well). I was never able to really control the rash, but I would tell that it was less severe when I was using the antibiotics.

I am currently taking 2000 mg of Xeloda each day. I have had only a few problems with blistering on my feet. Udderly Smooth cream helps a lot, and I take 300-400mg of B6 daily. This is supposed to help, also.

Rodney

bud

P/Mab, Avastin

Postby bud » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:53 am

I'm on both the above, and have identical side effects; nothing seems to work for the dry skin.. you can relieve your hads by saturating them with vaseline then covering w/ cotton gloves-(they have special gloves for this purpose at the drug store)

You might also discuss a dose reduction.
bud

LA8

Postby LA8 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:36 am

I've just started a six month course of Xeloda (adjuvant treatment). I'm experiencing a dangerous side effect - tightening of the chest and throat area. (Not chest pains but not far off). I'm on 5000mg / day, but I've cut this in half until I talk to the Doctor. It is one of the less common effects and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how you dealt with it.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”