Mucus in stool with blood

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
AMM

Mucus in stool with blood

Postby AMM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:12 pm

after going to the bathroom today i noticed mucus in my stool with one very TINY streak of bright red blood. im 35 years old. the mucus was light brown. i had bleeding 7 years ago and had a sigmoidoscopy wich was normal.

what does bright red blood mixed in stool mean.

wdt

Postby wdt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:14 pm

It is impossible to know unless you get it checked out to be sure. Better safe than sorry...

Kris

Postby Kris » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:36 am

Please get a complete colonoscopy ASAP.
If it is something serious the sooner it is caught the better.
Before being diagnosed with rectal cancer I had mucus and bright blood in my stools. I didn't always see this.
Better safe then sorry!

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:49 am

Mucus and a small amount of blood are not always serious, so don't panic. But do get it checked out. Like everyone is saying, better safe than sorry. You may have to play up your story a bit to get your insurance company to pay for the scope. Dream up a few more symptoms.

shel28

Postby shel28 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:32 pm

You should go in to your doctor and request to get a colonoscopy. That is what you need. I had bleeding and mucus and thought it was hemerrhoids and no big deal, especially since I am so young, 28. Then I ended up in the emergency room with heavy rectal bleeding and that is when I found out I had stage 3 rectal cancer. Better to get it checked out now so you now for sure what it is.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”