Need feedback about chronic back pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
musiclover

Need feedback about chronic back pain

Postby musiclover » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:56 am

How many rectal cancer people out there have the chronic lower back pain? What IS it? Is it lack of muscles from weight loss? Bad posture from numb feet? Mark's last MRI scan of his spine turned out to show no cancer in his bones so that is not it. I'm perplexed. He's miserble and getting weaker each day. I'm taking him to an accupunturist so hopefully a few sessions will bring releif. I took him to a chiropractor that specializes in back pain and cancer. Mark's back was one solid rock and just a few minutes of gentle massage killed him. The doc said he could not even do stretches at this point - too dangerous and painful. Mark doesn't like his suggestion of an in-home massage three times a week. Doesn't care for that pain though loosening the muscles would probably be a good thing.

I would love to have some feedback from others suffering from this and if you've found a way to minimize, or better, get rid of the pain. Thanks!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”