stomach and bowel pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Kelli

stomach and bowel pain

Postby Kelli » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:31 pm

can you please describe symptoms of stomach/bowel trouble before diagnosed and for how long

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:20 am

My symptoms were intestinal cramping, bloating, skinny stool, and the feeling that I really had to go but couldn't. In the beginning the symptoms were sporatic so I thought it was stress or food related. But then they intensified and became more persistant. If you are having problems for more that 2 weeks....then it is worth a check!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

Bryan S

Postby Bryan S » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:17 pm

You must also remeber that not everybody has symtoms even if they have colon cancer. I had no discomfort, no bleeding, no gas problems, what I did not have was a tumor. Only a good colonoscopy can tell you the truth. If you do have any of the symptoms listed on the first page of this wesite DO NO HESITATE get scoped as soon as possible. IT could save your life it did for me.

robert norton

Postby robert norton » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:37 pm

I had stomach cramping, bloating, constipation, no appetite. These symptoms went on for about three weeks prior to diagnosis. They became quite intense during the last week.

pjpeace

Postby pjpeace » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:48 am

no real symptoms until it spread to my pancreas...but then i was starting to get the other symptoms as well. just go down the whole list of what's listed on this website...i had it! definelty don't hesitate to get scoped i was only 30 when dx! had my entier family get scoped too and my sister was just turning 40 and had a polyp removed...thank goodness non-cancerous but all this stuff is worth it if the rest of my family never has to experience what i'm going through. :roll:
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”