Help - I'm living in a 'retro' world

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
LA8

Help - I'm living in a 'retro' world

Postby LA8 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:45 am

Hi everyone - I've recently undergone colo-rectal surgery. Although everything went well, I now experience 'retrograde' ejaculation (for those who don't know what that is, your sperm doesn't come out where it should, it ends up in your bladder). I have read that drugs can tighten up the muscle involved which might help, but my Onc says forget it and enjoy your infertility. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Many thanks!

LA8

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:56 pm

How long ago did you have surgery? Are you having any other treatment? Chemo? Radiation? If it's been a while since surgery, and no other treatment is planned, I'd ask to see a urologist. I don't think retrograde emissions are harmful, but they are not mormal, and if they bother you, they certianly warrent evaluation. Talk to your primary care physician about a referral. There may not be much to be done yet if local treatment is ongoing. I'm a female and a gynocological healthcare provider, so this is a little out of my area of experience. I'd ask the boy docs.

Bryan S

Postby Bryan S » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:18 pm

There have been a few other questions about male performance problems on this board. It does seem as if it is something many of us may expierence but may not talk about. Mr Happy died with my tumor. If he works it just is not the same. I had seen some bulletin form Medicare about testing for patients like us a few months back. I do not remember what it was about but it did involve people with resections so if they wrote about it, it must happen. If you see a urologist please let me know what he tells you, my dr has suggested it but I just don't know if I want to worry about it. Life is pretty good and if I lost one thing I am glad it's not my eyes.

LA8

Postby LA8 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:16 am

Hi all! Many thanks for the replies. I have a little good news - things are slowly reversing - I'm back to about 10% of normal and getting better (I hope this isn't too much information for some :) ). Since the Onc said I was probably dry from the RadioT its pretty good news!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”