1st CAT scan after beginning chemo

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
klryder02

1st CAT scan after beginning chemo

Postby klryder02 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:16 pm

Hello All-

Well, today I saw the doctor after my 1st cat scan after three rounds of Folfox, and I had an average "shrinkage" of about 30%.

The only thing that kinda upset me was I was told for the 1st time that I had a tumor in the middle of my chest that was slightly larger than the one in my colon (about 4 mm in the chest). That particular one shrunk about 60%, but I was still like "Uhh..I never knew about this." The doctor I picked was a 2nd opinion, and I don't blame him for not informing of this, because I think he was under the impression that the 1st opinion gave me more information on all of the cancers locations.

Anyway, I am pretty happy with this news..and wanted to hear other people's experience with how much "shrinkage" they had at the beginning of their chemo.

I can tell this year will be much better than lasts!
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

MommyAnnie

Postby MommyAnnie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:23 pm

I had a CT scan and my 3rd chemo treatment yesterday. But I had results opposite of yours. It looks like Folfox is not for me and I was switched to Folfiri.

The scan showed that the tumor in my liver actually grew. My CEA jumped from 666 to 1876 in just two weeks. I'm hoping that Folfiri changes things around.

I may not have hair, but I can have ice cream again!

klryder02

Postby klryder02 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi Annie-

I am sure Folfiri will work for you! I will keep you in my prayers.

I am familiar with the term, but what drugs are part of Folfiri?

Are you a teacher as well? I teach Geography to freshman. Are you currently teaching?

-Kelly
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

MommyAnnie

Postby MommyAnnie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:19 am

Folfiri is 5FU, Leucovorin and Irinotecan. They just took out the Oxalipatin.

I teach kindergarten and first grade ESL, but I'm not working during treatment. I'd be exposed to too many germs. Plus I'm not strong enough to be on my feet all day. I miss my kiddos though.
Diagnosed Friday, October 13th, 2006 Stage IV Colon Cancer

TammyLC

1st ct scan, too

Postby TammyLC » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:35 am

I, too, just had my 1st ct scan after four treatments (I have stage IV with mets to the liver, abdomen & lungs) and met with my onco just yesterday. Was a bit shocked to learn that while the tumors had stayed the same I grew two new ones on my lungs. I was on 5-FU, Leucovin, Avastin & Oxaliplatin. I've switched now to Folfiri and hope that will do the job that this supposed to do. I'm only 35 and overall feel good without pain so I hope it stays that way. I'm bummed about the hair loss but at least the warm weather is coming so I'll be cooler, right? :wink:

As my uncle told me, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in dog. Keep fighting everyone. I will.

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:46 am

hi,
im getting ready to start my 7th treatment of 5fu and irinotecan. i have not lost any hair at all so you guys worried about the hair it might not even come out at all it might just thin a bit. i was told it would come out but so far i still have a head full of thick hair i do notice however i have tons of grey since i started the folfurri.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”