Happy New Year

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cherylandmark

Happy New Year

Postby cherylandmark » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:38 pm

Hello,
I haven't posted in a while, but i read the posts everyday. My husband Mark (49yrs old Stage 3, 8/10 nodes positive) had surgery on Nov 17 and had been doing quite well until his first round of chemo on Friday Dec 29.
He feels very sick and tired, i am hoping that that he does not feel like this the whole 6 months. I am concerned about the side effect of Avastin.

I do want to thank everyone for all of your postings, i read them everyday and it has really helped Mark and I. When we went to our first appt. with the oncologist we were armed with all the information i had gathered from this site. I talk to Mark about everyone here at the Colon Club and how courages everyone is and that if they can do it so can he.

Thank you again! God Bless
Cheryl

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Hang in there. My first round of Folfox was that absolute worst! (I've only had five rounds). I couldn't believe how hard it knocked me down. It was the first time in this whole battle that I actually believed I might die. Subsequent rounds have been much better in terms if fatigue and side effects, though I always go through fear and minor depression prior to each round. I think the fear stems from just how difficult the first round was.

Good luck and hang in. It'll get better.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:25 am

Hang in there, folks. My motto during treatment was, "Whatever it takes." Life is worth the investment. No matter how crappy you may feel on any given day, it WILL get better. I felt icky for a day or two out of each cycle, never quite GREAT, but only a few bad days each cycle. Everyone is different. But when it's over and he's unhooked for good, it will feel SOOO good! And as Mark's strength comes back it will all be worth it.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”