are very large polyps usually canerous?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
1seeker

are very large polyps usually canerous?

Postby 1seeker » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:51 pm

Just had an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday. Dr found a nice sized duodenal ulcer and two polyps in the colon. He said the larger was 3 inches. I wasn't informed enough to be concerned until I got online and realized polyps are being described in centimeters, not inches! :shock: Are these larger ones necessarily cancerous? I'm waiting on pathology. They biopsied around the ulcer and snipped out the polyps for examination. I just have a very bad feeling about all of this. Any comments would be really really appreciated.

Ron50

Postby Ron50 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:05 am

Hi Seeker,
I agree you should be concerned ,if it is three inches ,that is very large. There is an old saying amongst survivors"don't panic until you are sure you have something to panic about". At this point it is even money that the polyp is benign (non cancerous). Hold onto that thought and wait for the biopsy. My thoughts are with you ,good luck Ron.

1seeker

Thanks Ron

Postby 1seeker » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:30 pm

Thanks for the good words. I'll try to keep my chin up. If I have a fight on my hands at least I've landed in a good spot here to get the info and support I need. The more I read the boards, the more realistic I'm getting. If it is cancer, its cancer. I'll roll up my sleeves and get to work. But right now, I don't know anything. Denial is a lovely garden in the midst of a garbage dump. I guess I'll just stay here a while and smell the roses. :)

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:39 pm

Seeker,
I hope that the results show that the 3" mass is benign. This is a great group of survivors and a very supportive group -- hopefully, you won't need to explore the "garbage dump" of cc.
Best Wishes,

Miss Kim

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”