chemo effects

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CBLACK

chemo effects

Postby CBLACK » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:56 am

My husband dx August 9, 2006 at age 26. He was receiving FOLFOX/5FU with Oxaliplatin. The oxaliplatin was causing nerve problems in his spine, so his doctor switched him to Irinotecan. He had his first treatment with it the week before Christmas. He didn't have any side effects. I was just wondering if anyone else has been on this drug and if so, did you experience any side effects?

Thanks for your help.
Colleen

Jeremiah

Drugs

Postby Jeremiah » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:08 pm

I am on Folfox and Oxaliplatin and I too have what is looking like permanent numbness and nerve damage. I do not yet have any experience with the Irinotecan.

sevenyear

Reply Chemo effects

Postby sevenyear » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:31 pm

I still have numb feet from 3 months on Oxaliplaatin 2 1/2 years ago-though the numbness lessened slightly over time. Irritican caused hair fall out & fatigue, but but the toughest thing for me was hiccups. None of the stuff Drs gave me for hiccups worked-I found through experience that if I didn't eat anything at all (even soup) for three days beginning the morning before irrititican I wouldn't get any hiccups (or nausea either). Others experiences may be different.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”