Pet Scan came back abnormal told dot worry about it

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
survivormike06

Pet Scan came back abnormal told dot worry about it

Postby survivormike06 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:50 pm

Here is a question for you folks. I took No. 5 petscan, it came back abnormal. I was told that at the surgical section of my colon to my rectal area there seemed to be a thickness. I was told that the colon contracts and expands and at the time of my PET it was contracting. I am just a colon cancer survivor and a layman. 3 Radiologists looked at it and compared previous ones and said there is no new metabolic activity (I know what that means) no new cancer. I was told no colonoscopy for me as I had 3 months ago and it was clean. No vurtual colonoscopy either. What are your suggestions and recommendations. Do you think I am clean or this crap is on the run again. thank you Michael
We Think We Got It All. Your color looks good also,

survivormike06

Re: Pet Scan came back abnormal told dont worry about it

Postby survivormike06 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:51 pm

survivormike06 wrote:Here is a question for you folks. I took No. 5 petscan, it came back abnormal. I was told that at the surgical section of my colon to my rectal area there seemed to be a thickness. I was told that the colon contracts and expands and at the time of my PET it was contracting. I am just a colon cancer survivor and a layman. 3 Radiologists looked at it and compared previous ones and said there is no new metabolic activity (I know what that means) no new cancer. I was told no colonoscopy for me as I had 3 months ago and it was clean. No vurtual colonoscopy either. What are your suggestions and recommendations. Do you think I am clean or this crap is on the run again. thank you Michael
We Think We Got It All. Your color looks good also,

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:43 pm

I didn't have a PET Scan, but I had a CAT scan followed by an ultrasound. The doctors identified the colon walls around the surgical sight had thickened. Not sure what this was and because I needed surgery for something else they performed a sigmoid scope and were able to look around the site inside since I was "open" anyways. It was simply thickening of the walls. It was just the way the site healed and is not expected to cause any problems in the future. They just recommended I drink lots of fluid and eat lots of fibre to ensure things pass through easily.

Sharon
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”