The Spirit of Christmas

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
janb

The Spirit of Christmas

Postby janb » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:44 am

Good Morning fellow colon-heads! I wanted to share a special story as it truly shows the spirit of Christmas.

My brother is self-employed and volunteered at his church to paint their new addition this past October. He fell off a 12 foot roof and broke both of his heels. He has been recuperating since, and only recently started working part time. He asked me why God would have allowed such a thing to happen at church. I told him God didn’t do that. Last week he told me he wanted the holidays to be over because he didn’t have any money to buy gifts for his children and was very depressed.

I wrote a letter to my local radio station requesting a Christmas Wish a few weeks ago. I told them about the mishap. My brother called me this past Tuesday (his birthday) at work. I immediately started singing Happy Birthday when I picked up the phone. He proceeded to tell me that my radio station contacted him. An anonymous listener had sent in a check for them to award to a needy family. This person had been down in the dumps at some point in her life and was helped by her church. She is financially well off now and wanted to PAY IT FORWARD. My brother was given a check for $1,000 which arrived yesterday in time for him to purchase gifts for his children. We both cried on the phone, I thanked God and was very grateful my wish had been granted. Keep the faith!
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:48 am

Beautiful!!

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Brother

Postby Edward » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:23 am

Hi Jan,

There must be magic in 12/19. I was notifed on 12/19/2003 that the results of a second CAT scan were clean. Dropped the phone, ran from my house, and did a "snow angel" in my lawn.

My mother's birthday is 12/19.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Andrea

Postby Andrea » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:09 pm

Jan,
What a beautiful story. Good things do happen.
Merry Christmas!
Andrea

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:28 pm

Tear of you joy for you and your family! I love hearing stories like that! thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :lol:

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”