im back from liver resection and NED!!!!!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missjv

im back from liver resection and NED!!!!!!

Postby missjv » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:58 am

HI,
WELL I FINALLY MADE IT BACK TO FLORIDA FROM MY LIVER RESECTION AND EVERYTHING WAS A SUCCESS! I ALSO WENT AHEAD AND HAD SIGMOID COLON REMOVED SINCE THATS WHERE THE POLYP GREW AND GOOD NEWS THERE AS WELL LYMPHS WERE ALL CLEAR AND COLON WAS CLEAR OF CANCER. I HAD 30% OF MY LIVER REMOVED AND HAD A HEPATIC ARTERTY PUMP PUT IN TO START CHEMO TO LIVER IN JANUARY ALSO I WILL ME HAVING SYSTEMIC CHEMO AS WELL FOR 5 MONTHS AND THEN AFTER THAT SCANS EVERY THREE MONTHS TO CHECK FOR RECURRANCE SO AS OF THIS MOMENT I AM CANCER FREE. THE SURGERY WAS ROUGH I AM STILL SORE THE GAS PAINS ARE HORRIBLE AND I AM WEAK BUT IF THIS SAVES MY LIFE IT WAS WELL WORTH THE PAIN.

MISSJV

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:46 pm

Hooray for you MissJV! :D I have been following your posts and was wondering how your resection went. You are such a positive person and I feel uplifted by your posts!! Take care of yourself.

Miss Kim

Ron50

Postby Ron50 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:51 pm

Big hugs,hope your recovery stays on track,have a happy and healthy Christmas .Ron.

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:40 pm

That is fabulous news and just in time for the holidays! I was actually thinking about you yesterday, wondering how things went. Good to hear that you are doing so well. Now you just need to relax, recooperate, and enjoy your time. Congrats and have a joyous holiday!
Margot
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

maria

Postby maria » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:57 am

Hi MissJV,
I've been thinking and praying for you...I was so happy to see your post! I'm so relieved everything went well :D I am still plugging along - my port surfaced around Thanksgiving so they removed it and decided the last 2/12 treatments I wouldn't have the overnight infusion since my last PET was clear. Problem is ...I'm averaging one treatment a month due to my very SLOW recovery of platelets....good news is just ONE treatment left!!
All the best to you and your family this holiday season! I will keep you in my prayers! Maria
StageIV Colon Cancer Survivor
Surgery 4/06, peritoneum, 4/11 lymph nodes age 42
11 Treatments 5/06-11/06
Avastin, Oxaliplatin, 5FU

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:51 am

MissJV,

I had no doubt in my mind that you would make it through this phase in your journey. Remember ALL things are truly possible! Keep Kickin' alittle cancer a#$!

You Rock!

Holly

missjv

Postby missjv » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:08 pm

hi guys,
thanks for the well wishes. it has been 3 weeks today since surgery i still have some pain and discomfort but it getting better each day, im just so glad surgery was an option for me cause i know alot of stage 4's are not candidates for surgery. my brother in law died while i was in the hospital from colon cancer his had spread to liver and lungs and through out abdomin and by the time he was diagnosed it was too late even for chemo because he was so sick, so im thankful i could be treated and he was glad i could be treated i felt guilty but i know he was ok with me. i start chemo to pump on the 3rd and then 2 weeks from then i go back on systemic chemo for a while just in case i have microscopic stuff floating around, now im in a different way of thinking before i couldn't wait to have surgery and chemo because there is a chance for cure now im wondering if the crap will come back now that it is supposedly gone. i guess i will have to try not to think about it.

missjv

Andrea

Postby Andrea » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:35 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you. This is wonderful news. I will be looking for more news of your recovery.
Andrea

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:16 pm

hi andrea,
thanks for the congrats. how are you feeling? any luck with the sirt spheres? hope you had a great christmas with your girls and happy new year!

missjv

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:49 am

I don't know how I missed this thread! This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”