Done with chemo and wish all of you happy holidays.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mca

Done with chemo and wish all of you happy holidays.

Postby mca » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Dear colon club,

It's been a while since my last posting. I'm happy to let all of you know that I was done with chemo on Dec 15, right before the holidays. I wasn't supposed to finish till Jan 10, 2007 but my oncologist think that 10 rounds of chemo is sufficient for me instead of 12, so I'm stopping ahead of schedule. I want to thank all of you for your support and responses to my previous postings. I'm so glad to find this site to share my thoughts and concerns with all of you who have been so kind and so informative, and most of all, you guys (and gals) really know how it feels to fight and survive cancer.

Even though I didn't finish 12 rounds, but my body was starting to act up against chemo. I mean I threw up whenever I think about or talk about chemo, couldn't even look at the dresses I wore to my chemo sessions and wanted to vomit whenever I saw someone talked about cancer or chemo on TV. So, my doc gave me his blessings and let me stop at round 10. He said that he's very confident that I'll do well in the future, you know, being disgnosed with stage IIa and no lymph nodes were involved.

So, thank you, thank you and thank you all again. I wish all of you the best now and in the coming years. Have a great holiday and stay strong!!!!

With love,

Channie

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:45 pm

Congratulations and happy holidays to you! What a lovely present to give yourself!

pjpeace

Postby pjpeace » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:21 pm

Congrats! :lol:

Great news! Wishing you many years of long life and happiness! My Doc gave me a couple of weeks off for the Holidays...got two more rounds to go! I'm glad for the break to let my body build back up again...thankfully so far just the usual side effects...no wonder my gastro guy told my sister I'm tough :D

Best wishes to you for the Holidays and a wonderful new years =)
Paula
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”