Exercise?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
hmlee

Exercise?

Postby hmlee » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:21 pm

This is kind of a side post to my other thread. I figured if I started a new topic I'd be able to get more answers...

Now, background for those of you who may not have read my other thread - I'm 20 years old and in college and having intestinal problems. Had my first colonoscopy about a month ago, and that was all clear so it's not (thank god) colon cancer. The GI docs think it's probably Crohn's in the small intestine at this point, but won't know until further tests...

Aaanyway. This topic is about exercise, specifically, dealing with digestive problems and still being able to do so. Last year I was a member of my universitiy's varsity swim team. I'm not this year... because of lots of reasons including my digestive troubles and a pretty nasty back injury I sustained last season (disc related). Well I love swimming. It's great. Problem is, it's about the last thing I feel like doing when I'm getting sick due to my lovely digestive system. But I want to do it again! (maybe not on the varsity team...but pretty regularly)

I figure there might be some people here who could offer some advice / tips on how to deal with exercising when you're dealing with health problems such as I am... or some such.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”