Thanks Holly and Molly- Blood in Stool

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Gail

Thanks Holly and Molly- Blood in Stool

Postby Gail » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:57 am

For some reason, I can't reply to your post so must make a new topic to get thru. Thanks for your responses. Its good to know I can talk to someone about this. Doctor says 11/28 is the earliest I can get the colonoscopy done but wish it was today. This morning (this is gross, sorry!) my stool was bright orange and barely formed but had what looked like skin in it. Yesterday, it was almost black with white mucus in it. Anyone else have this rainbow of colors? What could it mean?
Thanks

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:46 pm

Gail...

I know that your doc has you scheduled for the 28th, but they ALL leave spots open in their schedules for emergencies. Are you having a lot of pain?

Your regular doc is probably the one who sent you to get a scope, right? maybe you should call him and tell him that you're very, very concerned. He/She might be able to call in a favor and see if you can get in sooner. The other option is to call the GI's office and see if they get any cancelations. (You'd be surprised how many people cancel their colonocsopy at the last minute! :)

Please keep us posted.

Brenda Durant

Re: Thanks Holly and Molly- Blood in Stool

Postby Brenda Durant » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:28 pm

I know how fightening it is. The best thing is to get checked. I had the same symptoms over 30 years ago. They finally found out the real problem and it was not cancer. I had 3 diseased sections in my colon. I told the old and wise gastro doc. to tak them out. He said the condition often corrected itself and my stomach lining was inflamed and bleeding. At 5 ft 6in, I weighed 97 pounds. He gave me tagament and 6 weeks later I was gaining weight and my colon was much better. I take calcium with vitamin D and the stool is fromed and now a healthy consistancy.
We should talk more about the importance of healthy stools and problems that tell us something needs fixed.
Good luck. I pray for your recovery and lasting health.

Gail wrote:For some reason, I can't reply to your post so must make a new topic to get thru. Thanks for your responses. Its good to know I can talk to someone about this. Doctor says 11/28 is the earliest I can get the colonoscopy done but wish it was today. This morning (this is gross, sorry!) my stool was bright orange and barely formed but had what looked like skin in it. Yesterday, it was almost black with white mucus in it. Anyone else have this rainbow of colors? What could it mean?
Thanks

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”