12-15-2006

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Brad

12-15-2006

Postby Brad » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:03 pm

Around 1:00 pm tomorrow I will be celebrating my 1yr anniversary of being off chemo. I remember it like it was yesterday! I walked into the Harrington Cancer Center in Amarillo Tx just after lunch time. I sat down at the round table with the puzzle that had been in progress for a couple of weeks and went to work on it like I always did. I didn't bother signing in at the nurses desk because I stuck out like a sore thumb in the waiting room. A 28 year old man with a black "purse" slung over his shoulder in a room full of people old enough to be my grandparents is not hard to spot. Before long, one of my favorite nurses, Liz, came out and called me to the back to take my man purse for the last time. Not without cracking a joke about how my purse didn't cooridinate with my shoes. :) We went to the infusion room where she disconnected my man purse, flushed my port and said "see ya later kiddo." Just like that I was finished with my treatment. No bells or whistles or confetti...it was just over. Tomorrow I'm going to celebrate my day. I'm going to announce it to the world. I BEAT CANCER! I hope everyone on this web-site gets to make one of these posts. Good luck on each of your journeys!

janb

Postby janb » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:24 am

Congratulations :D Celebrate :!:
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:12 am

Brad,

Well done mate, ive just finished my last blast of oxaliplatin at the hospital this weds (hopefully for good!) and my tablets (xeloda) end on the 27th dec. (I can't bloody wait)

Have a great christmas

Nick

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”