check out this site!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
AnnMarie

check out this site!

Postby AnnMarie » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:23 am

Good morning

I wanted to let everyone know of a new site that has just come up. It is www.michelleslaw.com

This site is about my daughter who was dx with cc 12/03. We found out that in order for her to stay on our health insurance plan she had to remain as a full time college student while under going chemo. :shock:

As a mom, who wants to protect, I was able to get my local legislator to sponsor a bill that would allow college students who are seriously ill or injured to take up to 12 months for a medical leave of absence.

Once the law is passed here in NH, then I will be working on trying to get a federal law passed so that no insurance company in this country will be able to find a loop hole.

This site is still a work in process and changes are still in the works. This site was created and is being hosted by a local web developer all pro-bono.

My question is How many other students are in a similar situation with their health insurance?

Take care and enjoy the weekend, it is suppose to be glorious! At least here in NH. :D
"Because college kids should not have to make a choice between their education and maintaining health insurance"

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”