re: For Hannah regarding E7820

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
musiclover

re: For Hannah regarding E7820

Postby musiclover » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:35 am

Hannah, I posted something below asking about E7820. A study with that and Erbitux (the only drug he's not yet tried) is my friends last ditch effort to help his stage IV rectal cancer (mets to liver and lungs). You have mentioned:

"Knowing that he has liver mets, I would also ask how the E7820 might keep him from using chemoembolization and/or SirSpheres to the liver later...I know that taking Avastin can "close up" blood vessels too much to make chemoembolization or SirSpheres effective."

Can you tell me where I can read more about this? Mark has had Avastin already. I hope the damage has not already been done. The study is offered by Norris and County USC in Los Angeles.

"Since hopefully the idea is to shrink the tumors enough to be dealt with in another way, I would think that he would want to make sure that option is still available. "

That has been the goal all along, unfortunately it hasn't worked. Thanks again for your posts.

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:59 am

Hannah broke her computer (AGAIN) this week, but I know she'll answer you as soon as she gets it fixed! When she does...make lots of fun of her. :lol:

JasonTR

For Hannah regarding E7820

Postby JasonTR » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:39 pm

I don't know anything about that particular study, but my husband was on Avastin/5Fu/Leucovorin/Oxaliplatin for 3 months this summer. In August, they took him off of it for 4 weeks, then tried a chemoembollism and it failed. The blood vessels were so small they couldn't get the dye injected into them. Because the tumors weren't responding, we switched to Erbitux and CPT11 the beginning of September and he's doing well. His lung mets have virtually disappeared and the liver ones are shrinking. He's tolerating this chemo a lot better too.
Hope this helps,
Sherri & JasonTR

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”