Traveling with "Angry Colon" this holiday season

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Molly
Site Admin

Traveling with "Angry Colon" this holiday season

Postby Molly » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:38 pm

Flatulence forces plane to land
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061206/ap_ ... assing_gas

It is considered polite to light a match after passing gas. Not while on a plane.

An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane. The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident.

Pollyanna

Postby Pollyanna » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:13 am

Oh, my. I heard this on the news first thing this morning. Poor dear - talk about humiliation heaped upon humiliation.

But what would I do? Hard to say, since I usually blame the spirit of our dear deceased dog, Ripley. That would be somewhat difficult to explain to the FBI, and would definitely land me on the 10 Most Wacko list.

I guess I might wait for someone else to light a defense match - then it would be them instead of me! Of course when we reboarded, I'd probably be shown to my new seat in the cargo hold... :wink:

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Plane

Postby Edward » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:20 am

Maybe she should have had the attendant pull her finger before she lit the match??? :D
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:15 am

Me thinks the pulling of the finger first would have been the best answer Edward. I am not too sure my Elephant under the chair would "fly"...opps, no pun intended!! LOL
Peg

Harleyman

Postby Harleyman » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:39 pm

sounds to me like some Gasx would be useful. belive me it works. but then again i also have my caps with a charcoal that filters the bad air. and as we can all understand if we didnt we would need some Gas masks. PHEW. lol

Bryan S

Postby Bryan S » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:04 pm

Let's see I have to fart because the gas is bothering my stomach, it stinks and because society says I shouldn't do it, I think I need to cover it up. Well maybe the match was a bad idea so we all know now that you just fart and then don't worry about it. If they throw you off of the plane for that I wouold sue them. If anybody on the jury has ever had to fart and believe me we all do it then you win the case.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”