Happy Holidays 2006

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
hpr

Happy Holidays 2006

Postby hpr » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:51 am

Dear Colon Club,

I hope that each of your holidays are simply magical and may you enjoy holiday cheer throughout the coming year!

Happy Holidays!

Holly

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:23 am

Ive just helped my fiance put the crimbo tree and trimmings up, (well more admired her work!) everybody possibly feels different, but i love christmas and this year im really going to get stuck into it. My little boy Freddie has more of a clue whats going on, but also my chemo regime finishes on the 27th dec. (I pray for good) so its still a tad bit early but i wish everybody happiness all round.

Regards
Nick

pearlgirl

unfamiliar phrase

Postby pearlgirl » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:19 am

NICK THE BRIT wrote:Ive just helped my fiance put the crimbo tree and trimmings up...
Regards
Nick

Nick, what's a crimbo tree?

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:21 am

Nick, congrats on finishing your chemo. Nice Christmas present. I'm curious about the crimbo thing myself.

We're way behind in our preparations. This time last year we were transfering my cousing to hospice, so it'll be a bit difficult, but it seems the answer to those emotional issues it to make the time as hectic as we possibly can and fucus on the kids. A little time for reflection is healthy, but wallowing does NOT help.

I only have one child, but in my family that's purely academic. We take a tribal approach to childrearing. They all belong to all of us. Mine is in chorus, band, Girl Scouts, track, gymnastics, and the Christmas pagent at church. Last year she volunteered with the AIDS Ministry wrapping gifts. She may want to do that this year again if she has time. She's making my head spin. I'm so glad I had my husband and my sisters around when I was on chemo. I couldn't have handled her otherwise. I actually LIKED having a houseful of other kids sometimes. They kept her busy so I could chill.

We're hosting the whole clan this Christmas. I think I'm up for it. I have the biggest house, and a husband who can cook. I'm one lucky lady.

Hope you all enjoy the holidays, raucous or quiet, and come away from them renewed and ready for another year.

rthornton

Postby rthornton » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:25 am

Crimbo must be a UK thing. I used to have this CD of Beatles Christmas recordings ... apparently they did one every year for their fan club. They would often say things like "happy crimbo!"

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:28 am

Hmmm......

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”