3 month follow up this Wednesday

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:10 pm

Mags, what a coincidence. I'm happy for me too! :lol:
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:26 am

John,

My friend Kell gave me the message that you called. Yeah, that's right, its 12:30 am and I am STILL studying the nervous system. EEK! I will give you a ring tomorrow.

I am glad to hear that your consult with Alan went well! As mentioned, he is a talented and well skilled surgeon. You have indeed kicked a little cancer a@#! You Rock!

Holly

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:41 pm

Me? Rock?

Why, yes. Yes I do!

Thanks for the call. Be sure to keep us all posted on the "fun" you'll be having next week.

xoxo
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:47 pm

You do indeed!

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:41 pm

John,

Yes, thats right I said it, You Rock! So "fun" is the code we are using to describe the experience scheduled for next week. I see.

It was great to chat with you this am. Keep kickin' a little cancer a#$! No more visits for a year. Ah to be you...

Magnolia, thank you and keep those visions of rainbows and butterflies in your mind for next week. After I get my "All clear wink", trust that I will exhale.

Holly

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:51 am

Holly,
I didn't feel like I rocked on Thursday. In fact, now that I think about it, I felt quite depressed. I couldn't move about or get my work done with any sense of urgency, I couldn't get up the energy to take the dogs out and even though I had plenty of work to do, I did none of it until in the evening, after my wife came home from work. I thought I should have been on Cloud 9 after the great news I got from the doctor on Wednesday, but it was the opposite. I was more down in the dumps than I can ever remember being in my entire life, not really snapping out of it until after my wife came home. Was it the "crash" after realizing I reached the end of the treatment road (so to speak)and as others have said, I am now "out there on my own?" And will I just go through this all over again next August when I have my first follow-up colonoscopy? I do have an appointment scheduled with a doctor this coming Tuesday to look into all this.

Have "fun" this week. I wish I could come see you. YOU ROCK!!!!

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:03 pm

John, I am very proud of you for fighting this disease so valiantly. Thanks for all your great posts too, they have been very motivating. You have been through a lot and now is the time for you to relax and celebrate being you. I hope you find the peace you are searching for over the holidays.

Sharon
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

Holly

wow

Postby Holly » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:57 am

John,

I enjoyed our telephone call this evening and hope it helped. Loved chatting with Kim and know that you both are in my thoughts and prayers!
Remember all things are truly possible!

You Rock!

Holly

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:43 pm

Holly,
I just LOVE talking to you. You have gone through so much and are an inspiration to us all. My thoughts and prayers are with you this week. You are an amazing woman and a wonderful friend. Thank you for caring.

NL,
Thank you. All I do is relate my experiences and hope others can draw something positive from what I am going through. Peace is mine and life is very good. Thank you.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good life!

janb

Postby janb » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:52 pm

Congratulations! :D
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:02 pm

My very best to you, John. I imagine there will still be a few ups and downs, as well as a few outbreaks of heebie jeebies, but fewer and farther between as the reality of survivorship sets in.

I got my port removed today. The sedation has worn off just as I'm getting ready for bed. Where WERE these drugs when I was a hippie? Having the port out is a nice feeling. One more step removed from patienthood.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”