Looking for Chicago Survivors!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
medill_holly

Looking for Chicago Survivors!!

Postby medill_holly » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:10 pm

Hello all -

My name is Holly; I'm a graduate student at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.

I am doing a report on colon cancer - risks, preventions, treatments and experience. I (along with two of my colleagues) would like to interview a colon cancer survivor in the Chicago area. If at all possible, we are seeking a subject on the North Side (our focus is on the Albany Park area).

If you would be willing to speak to me and my colleagues (2 other young women), please contact me here, or via email at h-leber@northwestern.edu.

Immediate response would be deeply appreciated as we are (as always) on a tight deadline.

Many thanks and best wishes.

With care,
Holly

cynnycal

Postby cynnycal » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:46 pm

Holla!
i'm 26, diagnosed in march with stage III colorectal cancer and familial polyposis. my father passed on this gene to me.
i had 6 cycles of chemo, then five weeks of radiaton concurrently with oral chemo, and then i had surgery to remove my entire diseased colon at the end of september. i'm two months out from surgery, and just started 6 more rounds of chemo.

i have lived in chicago all my life, i just moved to ukranian village, however i grew up in rogers park/andersonville.

um..dunno what else you'd want to know. i'm open to talk. i do so much talking as it is anyway!

my email is cynnycal@yahoo.com

thanks.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”