4 years - 11/29

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

4 years - 11/29

Postby Edward » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:09 pm

Today marks four years since I woke up with that sharp pain in my abdomen, which led to my surgery 7 days later. Everything happened so fast, official diagnosis from the oncologist didn't come until a month later on 12/31.

Although I have some physical scars, spiritually I never felt better. Since that day four years ago, I have an obligation among the living to help educate about this disease so hopefully someone will not have to go through what we all went through here as patients, caregivers and family members.

To everyone on this board that I chatted with or physically met, I just want to say thank for the support.....no matter what stage we are whether in sickness or recovery, we all need it.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Pollyanna

4 years

Postby Pollyanna » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:03 pm

Edward:

Way to go! I'm just waiting for the day, in April 2007, when I can start my count.

I, too, am all about the re-education of people - some of their perceptions of the whole cancer process are pretty out there! I'm very aware that most everyone has a stigma attached to it, but one by one, I'm trying to be open and honest to anyone who asks about it, to let them know that there have been great strides in cancer treatment since we were kids.

One of my favorite conversations of late was with my 17 year old niece, who has the clear honesty to say she doesn't know much about this, what can I tell her. I'm honored to have been able to shed some light on what I know, and hopefully what she now knows will have a ripple effect amongst those she meets.

May you have 40 more 4 year milestones, at the very least.

Warm Regards,
Shelley :>)

Traybug

Postby Traybug » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:26 pm

Good for you Edward! Your spirit inspires all of us! Congratulations on the four year mark!

Best wishes,

Tracey

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:06 am

Ed,

Keep kickin' a little cancer a#$ and remember all things are truly possible!

You Rock!

Holly

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:54 am

Edward!

Congratulations! Many, many more happy and healthy years to come!

xo,

molly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”