Anyone on E7820 or Panitumumab?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
musiclover

Anyone on E7820 or Panitumumab?

Postby musiclover » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:35 am

My friend is going on a new scary trial using the drug E7820 with Erbitux. Anyone out there on this regimen, heard of it, know anything about it? I'm also looking into the Panitumumab. Any comments good or bad from anyone out there, especially those with Stage IV rectal cancer mets to liver and lungs. Thanks so much.

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:29 pm

I am scheduled to start Panitumumab this Wed., 11/29. 'Bossan' from this message board has had 3-4 rounds of Panitumumab which is also known as Vectibix. Check out the comments there. Good luck to your friend. Miss Kim

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:40 pm

All I know about E7820 is an oral anti-angiogenisis drug, which means that it is the same type of drug as Avastin. I think it has also been in trials for other types of cancer too.

I am guessing that he is on the phase II trial at USC? That would mean that he hasn't previously had Erbitux in any treatment, right? I don't know the answer, but I would ask why a phase II clinical trial without trying a combo + Erbitux first.

Knowing that he has liver mets, I would also ask how the E7820 might keep him from using chemoembolization and/or SirSpheres to the liver later. I don't konw enough about E7820 to know the possible complications, but I know that taking Avastin can "close up" blood vessels too much to make chemoembolization or SirSpheres effective. Since hopefully the idea is to shrink the tumors enough to be dealt with in another way, I would think that he would want to make sure that option is still available.

Sorry I don't know more about E7820, and I don't remember your friend's entire story, or maybe I would have more answers!

:)Hannah

p.s. The trial I am thinking he is on would be the one with the ClinicalTrials.gov ID #NCT00309179 (Study ID Number E7820-A001-204).
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”