FYI Widow's Post: I feel so lost....

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jack

Re: FYI Widow's Post: I feel so lost....

Postby jack » Thu May 07, 2009 6:59 am

my heart feels for both of you and my thoughts are with you.
Wamo... I know it is so very hard for you I lost my hubby 24th May last year to this cursed thing and I still am grieving we had been together 23 years. He came home from the hospital on Sunday 18th May as he wanted to be home at the end.
We got married that very afternoon surrounded by both our families and he passed away in my arms the following Saturday.
So I can sort of understand your grief, I have no other advice for you other than that of every one else who has posted.
I have made a special place in the garden which he loved and have a lovely boy angel statue in the middle and I often sit there and talk to him telling him all the news of the kids, grandkids etc I find that a great comfort and feel him close when I am there.
Please feel free to PM if ever you need to I am in Australia too far for phone calls but online if you need me.
Today I buried my wonderful Mum she was 91- so today has been pretty hard for me so close to the 1st anniversary of both the wedding and his passing it bought up so many memories having to go through all that stuff again.
Hug your kids and hug yourself and take all the time you need to grieve it is early days, I still have my "moments" and expect too for a long time.
Take care
Jack

Sharon
a quick note to you too, love and prayers coming your way for you, Brady and your family you guys have been an inspiration to all who come to this board
Jack
DH dx Stage IV mCRC Apr 07 PSD
colon resection May 07
5FU / Avastin Aug 07 - Jan 08
Rad Feb 08 spine mets
Erbitux Mar - Apr 08
The Angels came for him 24 May 08
just 6 days after we married having been together 23 years

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Postby Edward » Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 pm

Wendy,

There is no rule saying you have to date or marry. Right now it sounds like your beating yourself up for possibly falling in love in the future and being lonely now.

I remember when Mitch Albom's book "For One More Day" came out. There was a special on television about women in your situation that never remarried. They found great comfort that they indeed find there one and only and felt truly blessed by that comfort.

(I wonder if this is on DVD)

The other thing is that is overwhelming is that you have just become chairman, CEO and only stockholder in Wendy, Inc. This happened to my mother-in-law and it has been a tough go.

Take care for now,
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

wwroam
Facebook Username: Wayne Whitaker

Postby wwroam » Thu May 07, 2009 3:06 pm

My late wife passed away Oct04, after a very long illness. We had discussed the future, and she very much did not want me to remain alone forever ( I was only 54). There are no rules for bereavement. The catalyst for my changed circumstances was this rotten diagnosis. Chrissie stepped forward and held my hand when I needed it the most. May we have many good years together.
Stage 3a DX 25/06/07
Folfox complete 30/01/08
7 years NED
Port scheduled for removal 8/02/10 Gone.
PSA .54 No prostate problems
Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic
SO diagnosed CC Stage IV Liver Mets 23/03/15

ed_colon

Postby ed_colon » Thu May 07, 2009 3:08 pm

We're here for you. I'm sorry for your husbands passing.

Monique

Postby Monique » Thu May 07, 2009 5:35 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss Wamo. When is it going to get better? Oh, that’s such a tough question. Reading through your post, I am reminded that grief is a very individualized process—what works for some, doesn’t seem to work for others. However, the passage of time seems to be healing (but that doesn’t help in the meantime). And try if you can, not to feel pressured by friends.

I have a close friend who, like you, lost the love of her life. She remarked, a year later, that her feelings of loss are just as intense as they always were, however, she doesn’t experience them every waking hour of the day. Things are getting easier for her. I am not surprised to hear that you are still in shock, as it’s been such a short period of time since Paul passed. At the moment, I wouldn’t worry about dating or the future, as I suspect that these things will fall into place when the time is right. And when it does happen, I wouldn’t worry about rules or how it is one is supposed to act—just being yourself is good enough.

Warm wishes,
Monique

gigidior@yahoo.com

Postby gigidior@yahoo.com » Fri May 08, 2009 4:09 am

I SO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL .IM AN O.C GIRL DEALING WITH THIS AT AGE 40 WITH 4 KIDS AND AM TOO DRINKING A GLASS OF VINO!MY HUSBAND OF 12 YEARS/BUT WEVE BEEN BEST FRIENDS SINCE HIGH SCHOOL ...I SOO FEEL FOR YOU GIRL..I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET OUT IF BED .ID HAVE MY GIRLS BRING ME MY BREAKFAST.IM SO DEVASTATED FOR YOU ...AND IF YOU CANT GET OUT OF BED..OR NEED A BEER OR 3 AT NIGHT...I UNDERSTAND....I AM SO VERY SORRY....PEACE BE WITH YOU MY FRIEND...MICHELLE .M

wdt

Postby wdt » Sun May 10, 2009 10:47 am

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I wouldn't push it, I truly believe that you will know when you are ready to move forward. I think it will come gradually over time and then one day you'll wake up and be aware that you have made progress without even realizing it was happening. Take care - wdt
Hubby diag Nov 2006 at 43 Stage III rectal cancer, 3/12 nodes T2N1M0
LAR 12/07 Radiation and chemo Xeloda and Oxaliplatin (finished 10/07)
06/2009 lung mets; 2 lobes of rt lung removed,
11/2009 Oxaliplatin reaction; on to Irenotecan

garbovatwin

Postby garbovatwin » Sun May 10, 2009 12:04 pm

In time, your focus will turn more towards your children and your suvival without your mate, but you will never stop thinking about the love of your life, nor should you.

Corny as it may sound, Time does indeed heal all wounds.

Only you will know when the time is right for the others in your life besides your family. Not being interested in interacting with them now is simply another wound if you will, that will heal, in time.

On a brighter note, you are a beautiful young woman, with two beautiful children, and the future is yours to write.

Stay beautiful.

jA
OUR world is worth saving
Question everything. Become your own Advocate.
When we find a cure for one cancer it will lead to a cure for ALL cancer
Crohn's Colitis
Rectal Mucosa Resection - Oct 2010
Rectal Surgery - Sep 2011
Stroke Sep 2012

Grieving

Postby Grieving » Mon May 11, 2009 11:22 am

Hi Wamo,
I know exactly what you are going through as I have been there.... It will be a year for me this July since I've lost my husband. If you ever want to chat- feel free to PM me sscarola@hotmail.com

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”