Any ones Colon Cancer Metastasize to Pancreas?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
pjpeace

Any ones Colon Cancer Metastasize to Pancreas?

Postby pjpeace » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:46 pm

Just wondering if anyone else out there had his or her colon cancer metastasize to his or her pancreas? Mine did and I was wondering how they went about your treatment? Ok here’s my story…it went to surrounding the head of my pancreas by growing up to it from my colon. I haven’t been able to find another case like mine yet. I know we are all different but wondering if anyone’s heard of that?

Right now as of yesterday after 7 rounds of chemo I was told I have ‘No Measurable Disease’ the thing we all wish and hope for. :D I know my family doc/first surgeon still wants me to have the surgery…the Whipple procedure. They yank your gall bladder out…head of your pancreas and re-hook your stomach all up again. If I get it done it’s gonna be at IU. I was reading back from my notes from the oncologist at IU that chemo could be a ‘cure’ too. I just want them to make sure they get all this junk outta me so it never comes back!!!
:!: :!:
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”