To Holly, and all my friends at the Club

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Billy

To Holly, and all my friends at the Club

Postby Billy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:28 pm

I’ve been dormant for a while, but I’ve been checking in on all of you. As for me, the battle continues. The short story is this; I’m entering my third year with this stupid thing. I still have a tumor which is about 3 x 4 cm, plus two lymph nodes with active cancer cells. I just started Erbitux in October. I’m currently a hideous pile of acne and dried skin, but hey, I’ve never been a pretty boy. I’ve also consulted a doctor at Sloan-Kettering. For now the plan is to continue the Erbitux through the new year and then probably add Irinotecan. There is also talk about more surgery, maybe with radiation.

Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? Of course, you know me; I’m beginning to think this may go on forever but I’m dealing with it in my own twisted and deviant way.

Thanks for checking in on me Holl.

I hope that everyone here is keeping strong and living well. Remember; even in the midst of crappy chemo, we get a few days to feel human, and it’s in those days we must live, and live strong.

Billy
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

http://billyscolon.blogspot.com

Traybug

Postby Traybug » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:19 pm

Hey Billy,

I know you've been down in the dumps and rightfully so. I check in on your blog all the time as it gives me perspective on this disease that otherwise, I would not have. Thank you for that.

Hope the erbitux hasn't been too hard on you. I certainly know what it's capable of.

Dan had his CAT scan today. He has a two week break from chemo. He just finished a six week course. One of his tumors is 5.5cm. Like you, he also has involvement in the lymph nodes again. Wasn't there in July, but there in September. Aggressive little sucker. He like you, is just taking it one day at a time. What other choice is there?

He hasn't been at this as long as you and I can see the toll that it has taken in his life. I admire your strength and your perserverance. Keep writing. We miss you. I hope chemo doesn't kick your a@% for turkey day! Try and have a good one!

Tracey

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:07 am

Billy,

You are welcome. You Rock! Remember that all things are truly possible. Keep kickin' alittle cancer a#$ and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”