bradyr update

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
sharonr

bradyr update

Postby sharonr » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 pm

I just wanted to update on Brady's health. As many of you know the brain mets just keep coming and the cancer has come back to his liver as well as lymph nodes. His last CEA was 6100. Yes, that isn't a typo 6100 up from 255. His chemical onc has taken him off chemo since it isn't helping and she has no other "tricks in her bag". We talked through going back on other chemo's but she feels Brady does not have enough time for it to make a difference. We did additional scans this week just to see and all the tumors had grown in both his brain and internal organs. So my dear friends, we are now counting weeks of my having Brady with me. He is doing ok, and still working hard to stay strong. We leave Wednesday to go see the kids which will be good for him. We can still consider whole brain radiation, but will look at that when we get back from Orlando and see how he is feeling. We all know this is part of the cycle of life, and he can never say he didn't give it a good fight. I am not ready to write his obituary yet, but time is getting really close.

He wishes he could get back online and help those out there when he can and while he can, but his communication skills are still not the best.
Bradyr's wife
DX 2/07 mets liver/bone/brain/spleen
Foxfox/avastin 3-6/07
xedada 9-7/07
Folfri 1-6/07
GammaKnife brain lesion 1/08
SIRT Spheres rlobe 7/08 llobe 8/08
cyberknife brain 10/08
Brain surgery 1/09
Vebctibix 1-4/09
Passed Away 5/21/2009

justsing

Re: bradyr update

Postby justsing » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Wow. I have to say that as much as I knew this day would come eventually, it's just sucker punching me. Thank you so much for continuing to share this with us even during what must be an exquisitely agonizing time.

I wish you safe travels to Orlando, and mostly I wish Brady safe travels as he faces his new journey.
justsing, 46
Stage IV
colon resection 12/07
Liver resection 04/08
Phase I vaccine trial
liver, lung LN mets
tried Oxi, Iri and Avastin
now trying new chemo combos then sir spheres
College prof in theatre & voice
2 girls 18 & 14, one son 10

wamo

Postby wamo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Oh Sharon!! Oh sweet Brady!! My heart literally aches right now. I so know (for the most part) how you are conciously aware of what is happening and can understand logically where this is going but I also know how you must be in shock (on auto pilot) without even realizing it.

Like I have mentioned before, give him all of the hugs, kisses and snuggles you can. Tell him ANYTHING you have just had as thoughts but maybe not expressed EVEN IF you know he already knows it you will feel better that you SAID it to him. If it is at all possible communication difficulty wise have Brady leave you a message on your cell phone, your home answering machine and the best would be on video camera tape telling you that YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY AND HE WANTS YOU TO BE HAPPY. You will need to hear that over and over in his voice that will really help you mentally and emotionally down the road.

I think I have sent you my numbers but I will PM them to you just to make sure you have them. Brain mets can be so very scary and you tend to wonder is this normal or what to expect might help to give you some sort of peace of mind. I am here for you Sharon and please lean on me and will answer any question you have or just listen. I so get where you are at right now.... and care for you both so very much!

Oh gosh I just don't know what else to write other than please GIVE BRADY A BIG HUG FROM WAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for me.
Love,
Wendy
Hubby-9-05 IIIC Rectal 4/11nodes 40yrs*1-06 LAR FOLFOX *6-07 Mets Lungs-FOLFIRI,Erbitux,Avastin *5-08 Skull met *9-08 ClinTrial EPO906+Celebrex *mets liver,kidneys,adrenal gld *WBRT brain mets *1-09 Gemzar/Xeloda ***2-25-09 Paul entered Heaven's gates.

AugustWest

Postby AugustWest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm finding it pretty damn hard to find the 'right' words here...for you Sharon
and of course to Brady. Tell him this for me though - because of how strong &
how open he is and has been thru all of this, i promise i'll never give up. And more
importantly, i'll keep my priorities in order, keep my friends & family real close
and I won't sweat the small stuff. I hope you guys have as smooth of a travel day
as possible and that everyone can enjoy these moments together.
Stage IIIb CC - dx 8/07
4/26 nodes pos.
10 tx Oxaliplatin / 6 months Xeloda

James65

Postby James65 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 pm

I'm so sorry for you and Brady. I have not talked with him directly, but he has been a valued and consistent voice here. I wish only the best for you all.

James
Diagnosed with stage III rectal tumor (though probably late stage II) January 2006.
Chemo/Radiation
Full APR Surgery
Folfox Chemo
So far NED.
Oops. Liver tumor diagnosed 10/13 after elevated CEA. Liver resection for 5cm tumor 12/6/13. So far so good.
Oops again, one tumor in each lung diagnosed 8/8/16. One too small to deal with and the other resected in late September. Wait and watch for now.
Oops, another lung Met in upper left lobe on edge of previous resection scar 11/11/19.

helen098

Postby helen098 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:39 pm

I don't know what to say other then I am thinking and praying for both of you
stage 3A surgery 6/6/6 finished chemo jan 07
11 5FU/12 Levcouorin/10oxaliplatim
port removed jun 07
anal fistula surgery oct 05 may 07 feb 08 sep 08 jun 09

bradyr

Postby bradyr » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:44 pm

trying to to writting the best I can (it's hard because of the brain mets - but bad).

I'll ok right for now. but I now it's sooner and no if I can spend out much - sharon and you have to talk form for me.

its' been about 2 and 1/2 weeks of a fight. alway do the best to make the best of the times you.

Sharon and and I are ok. we would like all the end, and we don't know. might be a few weeks or a few weeks, but we've loved our times for all 26 years of marrige and a wonder son and grandsons. I still have my faith.

doc's said monday I likely have about 2 weeks of time. I actually feel about 6 weeks, but it's short. The liver and brain is just moving faster and we don't see have much to do. As you know we've tried every we do we've add. but there a things, but frankly we made make sure live the time I have is good time.
Last edited by bradyr on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bradyr
Foxfox/avastin 3-6/07
bone mets 5 times
xedada 9-7/07
Folfri 1-6/07
cyberknife brain 10/08
Brain surgery 1/09
Vebctibix 1-4/09

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Sharon and Brady, I have been watching the post on this forum from and about you and Brady for many months and I feel I have grown to know the both of you. Words cannot express what I am feeling now. The two of you have remained courages and have been a wonderful inspiration. Please remember the both of you are in my prayers.

God bless the both of you.

Tim
3/25/08 Colon Resection
3/27/08 Staged 2A
0/10 Lymph Nodes
4/28 Chemo Started FU/5 w/Lev
11/08 Finished last round of Chemo
4/09 Pet Scan - Possible Liver Mets
6/09 Chemo Again 12 Rounds Folfox
Restaged at IV with Mets to Liver

dancingrosey

Postby dancingrosey » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:49 pm

@*#& I hate to hear this. Brady has always given me so much hope with his 'stay strong and keep going' attitude. I know that he has helped so many people through telling his story and his wonderful advice. He is truly an inspiration. Enjoy your trip! You and your family will be in our prayers.

bradyr

Postby bradyr » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:12 pm

please everyone should stay strong on your fights
bradyr
Foxfox/avastin 3-6/07
bone mets 5 times
xedada 9-7/07
Folfri 1-6/07
cyberknife brain 10/08
Brain surgery 1/09
Vebctibix 1-4/09

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Brady and Sharon,

Thank you so much for all the wisdom and love that you have brought into my life without us ever even meeting in person. You are such a strong and inspirational couple. I wish you continued strength, love, and peace on this new and difficult stage of the journey. Please know how much you have given to me and others on this forum. My thoughts are with you both.

Ellen
Stage IV CC
Colon resect, chemo, unsuccessful liver resection 2/07-11/07
Bile leak/progression 12/07-4/08
Folfiri/Erbitux, Folfiri/Avastin 5/08-6/09
Olaparib 7/09-9/09
Folfox 10/09-1/10
MitomycinC/Xeloda 1/10-
43 Y.O: 2 children: 3 and 5.5 years.

phototrekker

Postby phototrekker » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 pm

My heart goes out to the both of you. Nothing else to say except that you've been an inspiration to me. Hope you have a nice trip.

NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Postby NWgirl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:33 pm

You are one hell of a fighter Brady - you have inspired us all. I'm at a loss for words. Please know how much we all care and are praying for you.
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Brady, you have a huge fan club here. You've been an inspiration to all of us. I have no words to tell you how sorry I am for both of you. 26 years of marriage is awesome. Few people get that much happiness in their lives. Be at peace knowing you've done everything you can to beat this. It's just so unfair. Prayers and best wishes to both of you and your son.
Age 45; Stage IV, mets to liver, nodes and bones.
Dx 12/05; Chemoradiation, surgery, Folfox, Folfiri, Folfiri, Folfiri, Folfiri
Intrathecal pain pump 3/09 (works great!)
Irinotecan / Erbitux 5/09 - ?
Two wonderful kids ages 7 and 5

lorrainem
Facebook Username: https://www.facebook.com/lorraineaminogue

Postby lorrainem » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Sharon and Brady,
Brady thank you for sharing your determination and knowledge. It is we who have been blessed by "knowing" you. Bask in the warmth of your family in Orlando.
You are both in my prayers.
Lorraine
Chemorad/Surgery/Chemo
Stage II, no mets, no nodes NED 05/08 again 08/08 again 11/08
Ileostomy reversal 10/16/08

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”