MediPort problems

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Magnolia

MediPort problems

Postby Magnolia » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:14 am

I know I remember a conversation about ports surfacing up to the skin, but I can't find it. Mine seems to be doing that. It's becoming very tender and it feels like it's right under the skin while it used to have a nice layer of tissue between the port and the skin. I'm going in Monday to have it checked, but, as I'm only on Avastin now, and don't really need it, I want it OUT! I'm going away for Thanksgiving, so I hope it will be OK til I get back. I'll be in a little town in the mountains with no hospital. The place where we're staying doesn't even have a phone, and there's no Sprint service. My hubby can get to a phone in five minutes, and the hospital is 40 minutes away. Makes for a nice holiday if everyone stays healthy.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:50 am

Magnolia,

The post that you are referring to is: 'One for the record...' written by mscheryl. To find it, you may go to the search field above and type keyword port. I hope this helps.

I wish you and your family a happy holiday season.

Holly

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:10 pm

Thanks, Holly. I found it. Happy holidays to you too. I'm looking forward to a lovely Thanksgiving in a mountain cabin with with lots of family. Husband, daughter, sisters, their kids, and mom. We've done this every year since the kids were babies. It's truly wonderful. I'll worry about my port when I get back.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”