Bob's 1st post tx colonoscopy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Dot

Bob's 1st post tx colonoscopy

Postby Dot » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:52 pm

Tomorrow Bob goes for his 1st post tx colonoscopy. I am so scared. Today we saw the original surgeon because he had found a small hard nodule at the base of the first incision. He thinks it is a internal suture and to be sure we will have it out. Anyway, I will let you know what happens tomorrow

missjv

Postby missjv » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:36 am

hi dot,
im sure it is probably nothing and bob will be just fine he sounds like he is doing real good. i have a sigmoidoscopy on the 20th to check area where my polyp was that had the beast on it and im sure im fine to. kepp us posted about bob.

missjv

Dot

all clear

Postby Dot » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:42 pm

Thanks for your encouragement Missy. Bob's colonoscopy was all clear. I had read that the cancer can come back at the anastomosis site and all the pictures were clear. The gastro doc said he did not need another one for 3 years, but that seems too long to me. I'll ask his oncologist what she wants to do.

His first scope was last year when he was in the hospital and I never did talk to the gastro doc. This time I was able to talk to him. He said that Bob originally had a polyp that had become cancerous. He said that it had to have been there for a while.

Anyway, another hurdle passed. Now, wait for the next ct scan to be done.

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:25 pm

HI DOT,
GREAT NEWS! IM SURE BOBS CT SCANS WILL ALSO BRING GOOD NEWS AS WELL. I HAVE SIGMOIDOSCOPY TOMMORROW CAN'T WAIT, NOT!! BUT I GUESS IT HAS TO BE DONE IT HAS BEEN 6 MONTHS SINCE CANCER DIAGNOSIS FROM A STUPID 1 1/2 MM LITTLE POLYP. MY LIVER RESECTION IS SCHEDULED NOW DECEMBER 8TH AND I WILL BE BACK HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS IM GETTING ANXIOUS NOW SO IT WILL BE 1 MORE THING BEHIND ME, ALREADY WENT TO 8 CHEMO SESSIONS WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS AND DOC SAYS I NEED MORE CHEMO AFTER SURGERY AS A PRECAUTION IN CASE ANYTHING IS STILL FLOATING AROUND MY BLOODSTREAM MY LYMPHNODES ARE ALL CLEAR SO THAT IS ENCOURAGING, AND I AM GOING TO HAVE HEPATIC ARTERY PUMP PUT IN AS WELL AND GET A FEW CHEMOS STRAIGHT TO MY LIVER SO BETWEEN THAT AND MORE SYSTEMIC CHEMO IM HOPING THE BEAST WILL BE GONE. WELL GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT BOB.

MISSJV

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”