Natural colon clensing recipe

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
markcorinna

Natural colon clensing recipe

Postby markcorinna » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:35 am

HI, I am after any natural colon clensing recipes. I would really appreciate it if anyone would like to share any recipes with me.
Thank you
Mark

pearl115

not an expert, but...

Postby pearl115 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:51 am

I'm not an expert, but what I've read recently has said that colon cleansing can actually be harmful, rather than helpful. What does your doctor say?

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:51 pm

There is a school of thought that believes that colon cleansing (aka colonics or colon hydrotherapy) can help prevent colorectal cancer by cleaning out bacteria, mucus and toxins that have been building up or have been impacted for years.

The problem is that this just isn't true - there is absolutely NO evidence that colon cleansing does anything good - and there is plenty to show that it can definitely hurt you. And it is kind of silly to think that things "build up" or become "impacted" in your colon - it is exactly the opposite because the job of your colon is to get rid of all of that! As far back as the 1920s, surgeons have noted no fecal or mucosal buildup in the colon, and that stands true today.

There are two primary ways to "cleanse" - with a dietary supplement (either liquid or powder), or through the use of enemas. Either way you go, there are a lot of potential problems that you might experience:

- there is "good" bacteria in your colon that is there on purpose, so your colon may have trouble working correctly if you remove the bacteria
- your body can absorb too much water, causing a chemical imbalance that can cause vomiting or more serious problems like heart failure and fluid on your lungs
- even "natural" cleansing things, like senna, can be very harsh and cause GI irritation and mineral/chemical imbalances
- repeated use of cleansing (supplements or enemas) can cause permanent damage to the muscles in your colon, which causes incontinence, and this means you could permanently lose control of your bowels (yuck!)

As a last caution, the FDA does not regulate colon cleansing supplements, so there is no way to know what you are actually getting. This also means that claims made about health don't have to be supported by scientific evidence.

Mark, please be extremely cautious - this really can hurt you. If you are constipated or having other problems "down there" you need to see a doctor - there are medical remedies that work without harming you.

:)Hannah
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:28 am

HI,
I AGREE 100% WITH HANNAH ON THE COLON CLEANSING IT DOES MORE HARM THEN GOOD AND LIKE SHE SAID CLEANSING COULD WIPE OUT THE GOOD BACTERIA THAT LIVES IN THE INTESTINES. IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS EAT SOME BRAN FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST AND DRINK WATER, CONSTIPATION IS NOT CAUSED BY A BUILD UP OF CRAP IN THE COLON WALL, AND EATING THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF FIBER AND DRINKING THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF WATER WILL CERTAINLY MAKE THINGS GO THROUGH AS INTENDED. IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS SEE A MEDICAL DOCTOR AND BE PERSISTANT IN GETTING PROBLEM TAKEN CARE OF.

MISSJV

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:36 pm

I found the combination of 5FU and radiation to be quite cleansing.javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

Seriously, take the advice above and skip the colonics. Exercise and a healthy diet are the best things you can do for your body.

Soon after I was diagnosed with rectal cancer a friend of mine recommended that I try coffee enemas and essential oils. He pretty much insinuated that I was to blame for my own cancer because I had failed to keep my colon clean. I was so offended, I still have a difficult time talking to him.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”