Mom passed away

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mscheryl103

Mom passed away

Postby mscheryl103 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:16 am

We are having to take a break in Chemo.. Terry's mom passed Sunday night. He has been so weak and tired thru her being in hospital and being on respirator that I thought it might be the best if we skip a treatment.. Initially the Dr said it would be okay if we did. His PET scan showed 1 lung clear and his bones were slightly worse. Changing his Chemo drug to oxiplatin and he'll be taking it every treatment instead of every other time.. His mom's death has been really tough. He made a comment about It's not a good time to have cancer.. We trully do have alot of great friends and family that have already been supporting us...
Ms C

tandys24

I am very sorry

Postby tandys24 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:20 am

ms C,
I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
God Bless and ALWAYS Believe!

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:14 pm

Oh Ms C, I am so sorry. I know this has been hard on Terry and on you. I hope you are finding comfort where you can, and taking care of each other. We are thinking about you.

:)Hannah
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:19 pm

mscheryl,

I am sorry for the loss of your mother in law. Despite her physical absence, it is my hope that your husband and family trust that she will be with him and each of you all the days of your lives.

Holly

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:33 pm

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Bobbie

So sorry.........

Postby Bobbie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:11 pm

I know how difficult it is to loose one's Mom. My Mom died of lung cancer 33 years ago and I still miss her. She never saw her four grandchildren grow up, etc. But trust in God that Terry's Mom is at peace in Heaven and suffering no more. Terry's Mom would want him to continue to fight to get his good health back. It will just take abit more time right now for him to heal from his grief. Prayers for Terry, you and his family.
Bobbie

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”