ANDREA, SIRT SPHERES?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missjv

ANDREA, SIRT SPHERES?

Postby missjv » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:17 pm

HI ANDREA,
JUST WONDERING HOW THINGS ARE GOING? DID YOU HAVE ANGIO YET? I READ ABOUT SIRT SPHERES ON THEIR WEBSITE SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD THING THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF COMING OUT NOW FOR CC TREATMENTS US STAGE 4 PEOPLE WILL BE AROUND ALOT LONGER THEN PREDICTED.

MISSJV

Andrea

Postby Andrea » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:12 pm

Hello. I found a local radiologist who has been trained on the SIR-spheres procedure. The hospital he worked at would not allow the use of their facilities for the procedure. I don't know the details but the radiologist gave me the names of the two closest hospitals who've already been doing the procedure. Both are about 3 hours away. I sent off my medical records and CT scans to both. One of them called me today and has scheduled my first app't Dec 18th. There is a total of three app'ts. The first day I meet with the radiologist and with radiation oncologist separately. The next day an angiogram with embolization will be done. This is to block off all the vessels that are bleeders in my liver. Then within three weeks the SIR-spheres procedure has to be done. It is done as an out patient procedure. Due to the large amount of tumors in my liver I will most likely have the treatment done twice. SIR-spheres is not considered a cure but it has been proven to prolong life and improve the quality of life, and decrease pain. It's a step forward for me. I have a lot of HOPE in this treatment. I will keep you updated during the process.
Andrea

janb

Postby janb » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:26 pm

Andrea,
You know we're all still praying for you. Keep up the positive attitude and best wishes with the procedure.
Jan
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”