ONLINE CHAT: Parenting Children through Colorectal Cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Hannah

ONLINE CHAT: Parenting Children through Colorectal Cancer

Postby Hannah » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:00 pm

If you have never participated in Colon Cancer Alliance's Buddy Chat Forum, now might be a time that some of you parents want to start. See below!

:)Hannah

A special chat will take place on Thursday, November 16 at 9:00 EST. National Cancer Institute estimates over 25 percent of adults with cancer are parenting young children. Despite the number of families affected, there is little information about their needs. Come together with other concerned parents for guidance, support and time to share your feelings and getting through this difficult time. Come talk to other young parents on parenting our children the best way we can.

To participate in any CCA chat, you must join the CCA Chat Forum. Basic membership is free. You can join at http://www.communityzero.com/cca

Please contact Pati Lanning, CCA Online Community Forum/Chat Host at patilanning@ccalliance.org with any questions. Stay tuned for additional CCA specialty chats!
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:23 am

Hannah,
Thank you for posting this information. I actually am part of the buddy program with CCA. I was diagnosed at the start of the year (age 40, stage IIIc) and talked to a social worker for advice on how to tell my children (8 and 11 at the time). She had some great advice but I would be interested in seeing how people are dealing with discussing the long term aspects of cancer. I will put November 16th on the calendar!
Margot

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:37 pm

Thanks Hannah,
This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart - my kids are 4 and 3.

Thanks so much for posting the info.

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:42 pm

I have seen a lot of posts lately from parents, so I'm just glad that it happened to come across my desk.

I am working on gathering some other information and resources for parents, and I hope to get it together and posted soon...

:)Hannah
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”